On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM, philip <philipjones0205 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nivada is a Swiss watch company. There are six Nivada factory-operated
> stores in Mexico City. Geneva and Bern, Grenchen is a place where clocks
> and timepieces of the highest quality are produced. I like niva watch.

Philip, the subject line is nEvada, and not nIvada. Yes Nivada is an
old Swiss watch company since 1879, which sold out operations to
a Mexican company in 2000.

Incidentally, there is a district called Navada (nAvada) in Bihar. That
would still not be nevada. The problem is, English has a non-phonetic
script, and there are only five vowels ! There are bound to be some
commonalities and conflicts in its usage.

Bish