Sorry, I'd replied direct to Manish.

-- Sriram

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sriram Narayanan <sriram...@gmail.com>
Date: Jan 16, 2008 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [ug-bosug] Solaris Express b78 on the Acer Aspire 2920:
Wonderful but one problem (Broadcaom Ethernet drivers)
To: manishchaks at gmail.com

On Jan 16, 2008 5:05 PM, Manish Chakravarty <manishchaks at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) The NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express is not supported by SX
> SDDT says: ":A third party driver is available at
> http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/ ."
> Unfotunately, the page does not have Solaris drivers.

1. Download
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/driver-sla.php?driver=570x-Solaris

This is from http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_server.php

2. Extract it.
3. Extraxt the tgz into a separate folder
4. Inside this separate folder, type "pkgadd -d ."
Do not use the regular .pkg file that comes as part of the archive.
The driver within that installs, etc, but is useless. It is the
archive (which you are going to extract into a separate folder) which
will actually work.

Use GNU tools to extract stuff. I transfer the drivers to my Solaris
partitions via my USB pendrive.

-- Sriram