Avinash Joshi wrote:
> I got the latest live cd of beleix.
>
> The problem is that it is not detecting my graphics card/the xorg is not
> coming up!!!
>
> I tried starting xorg, but in vain
>
> I have a HP dv6516 laptop 2GB RAM, 16GB HDD, NVIDIA 8400GS 128MB
>
> Please help me out
> PS: I have tried all the options in belenix to bring up the xorg!

   The gui on BeleniX will not work on that graphics card except for using
   VESA mode that which you can select in the text based display
configuration
   screen that comes up just before Xorg is launched.

   However the GUI on a recent build of Solaris Express *will work*.
   This is because BeleniX last release has an older version of the Nvidia
   driver that does not support 8400 series card. SXDE has a newer driver
   that does support that card.

Regards,
Moinak.