Yesterday, while booting into my OpenSolaris 2008.5 I faced a major problem.
Quite unknown to me, the Airtel broadband was down in the evening. The
connection from my laptop to my WiFI router was quite fine, the problems
were after that (since the cut off was at the backend).

However, during boot, I got a warning (I forgot the exact message) to the
effect that nexthop could not be established, and then the box just hung up
without coming to the GUI boot up screen itself. I could see my WiFI light
on (probably indicating that local link to my wifi was established), but then
I could not proceed further. Should'nt the normal log in process continue
even if there is some problem with the Internet link ?

I switched off my router totally, and pressed the reset of the laptop. This
time, the nwam did not intervene, and I could log in. Ofcourse, obviously
no internet.

Just kind of wondering if anybody else has faced such an issue with nwam.
Or is it on my machine only. Is it worthwhile filing a bug report ?

Bish