Ajishrao.r wrote:
> Hi,
>
>          I recompiled bash and fixed bug. Modified some line in header
> file. Any one please tell me the procedure to create the patch and
> submit the patch.

Is this actually related to Ritu's problem? I can't see how, so assuming
it isn't the first thing I'd ask is 'what bug'? If it's a generic bash
bug, or even something only exposed on Solaris,  I'd encourage you to
work with the bash owners to fix it in the main line first. Then you
can just pick up a new version or a patch to apply here. I'd probably
start at http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/.

If you're asking for how to create a patch for the SFW consolidation,
we'll that info starts at http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/sfwnv/
which, since we try to be like ON, will probably also lead you to
the ON community pages and

http://opensolaris.org/os/communities/participation/#doc

Though of course we apply patches to extracted tar files we don't
check-in and modify the source directly.

And you'll be asked 'have you talked to the bash owners about this
fix' :)

        Mike