Hiya Folks,

   The time for the big FOSS event is fast approaching and this is a
heads-up to all about what we have planned. OpenSolaris will make
it's presence felt in a big way as we have a whole day dedicated to
it.

Thanks to the excellent efforts of Shiv and others in proposing the
OpenSolaris Project Day and planning the talk sessions. It was all
hard work and a proud effort done out the Bosug community. See
the schedule page for talk details:

http://foss.in/2007/schedules/

One point is that presence of Bosug members during the OpenSolaris
Project Day talk sessions is highly desired. You can help out with
logistics and also support the speakers in answering questions supporting
discussions/clarifications etc.

As from the demo booth perspective this time there are only 2
OpenSolaris demos that have been planned, since SUN has a whole
plethora of FOSS software on show and booth space is limited.
We are going to have a demo of xVM which is Xen on OpenSolaris
and another small demo of the 7 minute Indiana installation from
USB stick. As always Bosug members are welcome to engage with
the visitors and pick up discussions on other OpenSolaris technologies.
These demos were planned in a very short time and since Bosug is
already leading the primary visible OpenSolaris presence at FOSS.IN
it was not felt worthwhile to discuss a lot of demo ideas on this list. In
any case we wouldn't have got booth space.

Another thing proposed just a few days back is to utilize the
hack-a-center facility to get interested folks actually trying out
OpenSolaris code. Support from Bosug members is needed there
as well and Mayuresh already sent out another email earlier.

Apart from these there are other main conference talks by speakers
from SUN:

Jim Grisanzio - The OpenSolaris Project, Getting Involved
Josh Berkus - PostgreSQL 8.3: A Story of Hundreds of Patches
Roger Brinkley - OpenJDK and Mobile & Embedded: The
        First Year
Simon Phipps - The Virtuous Cycle: SUN's FOSS Philosophy
        and Strategy
Harpreet Singh - Packaging Java Applications for Ubuntu Platform

So see you all at FOSS.IN.

Regards,
Moinak.