Help please, I'm stumped. I have a system running Belenix 0.4.4 (installed
w/ hdinstaller). I'm playing with the remastering toolkit, and things are
going smoothly in general, but I've run up against a strange problem. I
want to apply a fix (work-around) to the libssl/libcrypto version-mismatch
bug (needs 0.9.7 rather than 0.9.8) in /space/livecd_proto so that I
can chroot to it in the manner described here...

http://www.genunix.org/distributions/belenix_site/BeleniX-Remaster-HOWTO.html#AddSW

... and experiment with adding SFW packages for a custom LiveCD.

I have no problems getting the 0.9.7 libs to work in the main root
environment. To do that, I simply got copies from a Solaris Express box
and put them in /usr/sfw/lib and re-do the symlinks. But when I do the
exact same thing in /space/livecd_proto/usr/sfw/lib, and then chroot to
/space/livecd_proto, applications that link to libssl/libcrypto still act
as if the 0.9.7 versions aren't there. Here's a cut-n-paste from my
terminal session showing the problem:

-bash-3.00# chroot /space/livecd_proto /usr/bin/bash
Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option
()# pkgadd
ld.so.1: pkgadd: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
()#

Any ideas? Is there some anomaly about chroot environments
that prevents this work-around from working?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

P.S. Moinak -- GREAT job with the remastering tools -- this
is very cool stuff.