Hello:

the following is what I see when I use the smbclient program on
Belenix 0.4.2 LiveCD
bash-3.00# smbclient //sriram/share -U srnaraya -W BANGALORE
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/usr/foss/lib/smb.conf":
        No such file or directory
smbclient: Can't load /usr/foss/lib/smb.conf - run testparm to debug it
Password:

Domain=[BANGALORE] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Here, "smbclient //sriram/share -U srnaraya -W BANGALORE" is what I
execute, the "params.c ... debug it" is what I see. I then enter the
password, and am able to log on successfully and use the client to
transfer the files.

-- Sriram