Casper.Dik at Sun.COM wrote:

Taking off belenix-discuss and opensolaris-discuss, since my earlier
mail bounced saying that I am a non-member.

>>> i was trying to achieve the speeds mentioned according to the usb 2.0 specs.
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_2.0#USB_2.0
>> Hi Arun,
>>
>> What is the speed that you are expecting?
>> Line speed for USB Hi speed is 480 Mbits/s.
>> So it is 60 MB/s.
>> (Note the differences ib M*Bits* and M*Bytes*)
>>
>> You are getting :
>> ~18 MB/s on Read
>> ~4 MB/s on Write
>

>>> arun at opensolaris:/media# rmformat
>>> Looking for devices...
>>>      1. Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c11t0d0p0
>>>         Physical Node: /pci at 0,0/pci1043,81ef at 13,5/storage at 6/disk
>>> at 0,0
>>>         Connected Device: Kingston DT 101 II        1.00
>>>         Device Type: Removable
>>>     Bus: USB
>>>     Size: 15.3 GB
>>>     Label: repo0906
>>>     Access permissions: Medium is not write protected.
>
> Kingston say the maximum read/write speed is 10MB/s (both ways).

Thats another thing. After I sent the mail, I started thinking about
dd's report of the throughput. I guess it needs to be measured using
more reliable means.
Measuring on different platforms (Linux/Windows) will probably give us a
clearer picture of what the actual throughput is.

Pavan