From: "J Oracha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Extend use of Swahili
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:52:14 -0600

> More importantly, now that we have resurrected the East African Community
we
> need a common medium of communication with the citizens of Tanzania and
Kenya.

I don't think you understand the people of Kenya Uganda and Tanzania. There
is no way you can break them apart. Since these people have been united
without the force of government, no government can put them asunder. The
peoples relationship has transcended the so called national boundaries. The
East African Community was based on what already existed, that is the
community of the people of Kenya Uganda and Tanzania. In other words,
whenever people communicate among themselves, there is an understanding that
no government can mess with. In fact the very lack of one unitary
government between the three states made it better for the people to
fashion their own undesratanding and method of living symbiotically.
That is what is enduring.

Oracha

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp