> The ministers yesterday confronted each other at the International
> Conference Centre, each accusing the other of lying.

It was like the whole thing had been arranged before hand. There was the
Minister for disaster preparedness, representative of the Head prefect (Prime
Minister), UN representatives and the media. What else could one ask for?

But on a serious note, collective responsibility is one thing that is really
lacking in Museveni's, sorry, Ugandan cabinet. The other it was Nsibambi and
Didi. I hope next it is not going to be the President and his vice.

> At least 20 people, who included second deputy premier Brig. Moses Ali
> and UN agency representatives, witnessed the bitter exchange of words.

> Ssebunya, the MP for Kyadondo North, refused to take the challenge hands
> down. He immediately shot back and insisted Ssendaula was the liar.

> Ssendaula, who was accompanying Moses Ali to a tea-break, walked over to
> Ssebunya and accused him of lying about the census.
>
> Ali, who is also minister for disaster preparedness and refugees, the
> country director of the UN World Food Programme, Ken Davis Noah, and the
> permanent secretary in the Prime Minister’s office, Martin Odwedo,
> witnessed the “war” that lasted seven minutes.

\"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of
someone else.\"

Njoki Paul
University of Pretoria