Netters,

My response right on target on UPC's Dr. Rwanyarare's fearmongering in the Uganda media. If not fearmongering and spreading falsehoods -- the very hallmarks of  UPC -- why else would he (is he a PhD or an MD?) make a nonsensical statement like:
"The Baganda have a lot of re-assurance to give  that  we who are non-Baganda can live happily and  exploit our virtues fully, including being Bishop of  Namirembe, ..."

This kind of rubbish malicious rubbish is only meant to malign the Baganda. My note gave specific facts that expose Dr. Rwanyarare's, and therefore UPC's, political bankruptcy.

I could have added that not too long ago, all over Uganda -- under a unitary system of government, now under the stewardship of the enlightened Movement, people were demanding that "foreigners", i.e. non-locals or non-natives, vacate their land. Except those who are dead, know in Kibale, this sentiment went as far as a Movement appointee being rejected by the people.

One would have expected that such actions would have been loudest and most active in Buganda -- by virtue of the fact the Kingdom of Buganda has the largest proportion of "foreigners" than any other region in Uganda.  Why was this not so?  The simple answer is that we are lot less xenophobic than we are made out to be by our enemies -- especially the UPC.

Further, I pointed out that in the political arena, again Buganda is the first  if not the only -- region to elect the largest number non-natives, and that this practice has a long history: it did not start with the Movement regime. I challanged anyone to state what other area in Uganda has done this. Todate, there are no takers.

Now, when one reads Mr. Mulindwa's rambling response, one can help but wonder whether it is the product of a derranged mind!

Why not directly address, or better yet, challange the veracity or logic of even one single point I raised?

Why not address the merits or demerits of federal governance, for that is really what is at stake here?

Let's face it: UPC is yesterday's news. They have no new ideas. Their single policy  and only reason to exist is simply to suppress and destroy Buganda and the Baganda. This is what UPC tell us day in and day out in every pronouncement they make.

We, the Baganda, very simply cannot, and will never allow that to happen again. Once bitten ...

ssemakula