Mulindwa,

I said it many times that I deplore the untold
suffering of the people of Northern Uganda. No one
wants Ugandans to live in such conditions but as you
well know Kony and LRA have refused to talk peace and
ceasefire.

The Movement government is dedicated to peace and
there is the Amnesty in place, Ceasefire proposals and
a Government peace negotiation team waiting foir Kony
to respond.

President Yoweri Museveni speaking recently said "This
year 2003 will be a year of peace. We are going to do
everything possible to have a peaceful Uganda. We
shall dialogue with everybody,"

Attorney General Francis Ayume, also stressed recently
that government was willing to talk to rebel leader
Joseph Kony to end war in the north "I am anxiously
waiting for Kony’s beep. I can assure you that I would
call Kony back to arrange for peace talks if he beeped
me"

All that shows the godwill on the Government side to
end the war and the suffering of our people.

Mulindwa, tell me what has Kony done? where is his
negotiating team? where are his demands? where are his
ceasefire proposals?

All we hear from Kony is that they want government to
build permanent houses for them and they want to
debate on Gulu Mega FM every Saturday. Previously they
asked for sim cards and airtime.

Surely Mulindwa is any of that good enough to warrant
continued fighting? Discuss.

LM