----Original Message Follows----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Kony Will Be Out By May, Says Saleh
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 01:10:02 EST

Kony Will Be Out By May, Says Saleh

New Vision (Kampala)April 3, 2003
Posted to the web April 3, 2003 Justin Moro
Kampala Lt. Gen. Salim Saleh has reassured the Acholi and all Ugandans that
by May this year, the 17-year-old northern rebellion of the Lord's Resistance
Army (LRA) would have ended, through peaceful or military means."President
Yoweri Museveni understands the sentiments of the people of Acholi. He is
preparing himself," said Saleh.He was addressing Gulu residents at Lalogi
Internally Displaced People's Camp on Monday."I request you to be patient
because your suffering will soon end. I have reasons to believe that we shall
not go beyond May this year with this problem of the northern rebellion. The
world is waiting for its end," he said.Among the reasons for Saleh's optimism
was the President's eight-month stay in Gulu.He said it showed the high level
of the President's commitment to ending the conflict.The fact that the
Sudanese government had ceased to support the rebel group was another
indicator, he said.He blamed the LRA for violating the ceasefire declared on
March 1."LRA have violated 70% of their own ceasefire. However, the
Presidential Peace Team advised the President to withhold his anger and push
on with the peace talks," he said.Saleh is a member of the peace team. Ends

"In the time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

--George Orwell--