From: "M. Kibuka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [FedsNet] Bidandi now wants parliamentary rule
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:39:51 +0200
Bannange,
I hope there could be someone to put these pieces together. Look at this:
1. The man comes in and says he wants ONLY four years. He even declares 10
years for one man is way too long.
2. The same man manipulates like hell to extend the 4 years, which he gets.
3. Now this man manipulates another gang of gullibles that 2 terms are
enough for one man, and he gets his way. Was this the time he lied that with
54 year old he wanted no more?
4. The same man is doing it again that party leader shall be there for only
two terms.
5. I bet that after those terms are over, we shall then need the ancient
way, i.e. absolute monarchy (or is it absolute republic?). Someone has
already revealed that he is preparing his son to take over.
This is utter madness; and it seems to have no end at all. It is the one
reason democracy first must rethink their strategy; there are no angles to
do democracy first with in Uganda. Where is the guarantee that when some
other man comes in, he won't do the same or even worse?
Bidandi's manoeuvres is proof enough that Uganda's problem requires radical
reforms; let's not lie to ourselves.
BTW: Is the move to the British system going to be subjected to a
referendum?
That is my humble contribution.
Cheers, M. Kibuka