Mwaami Ssemakula,love and hate they say are the two sides of the same coin.Love may actually be the head end of the coin and it is most often formed by our imaginations of what we either want or hope to see in the people/persons will purport to love.Hate on the other hand is the tail end of the coin that is conceived by hindsight  and therefore tends to be stronger of the two emotions since it has that benefit of acting on the premise of betrayal.
That you have arrogated yourself the status of being the judge and at the sametime the jury regarding your discourse of what you think of Milton Obote is indeed very revealing.
We all know the feeling of betrayal that most Baganda and Ugandans at large may have had because of the events that eventually led to the deposing of Sir Fredrick Edward Muteesa 2,but please lets' keep those feelings where they rightly belong!.Showing how much you hate Milton Obote for the single handed role that you think he deserves for the malady and branding him a devil ,neither makes you Ssemakula an Angel nor a Saint.
Lets' leave history to judge that.The holy writ,judge not,and you will not be judged,or better still,the same yardstick you use for judging others will be used against you!.So lets first address the logs in our eyes that is obstructing our  vision and making us form such opinions of others,before we try to remove the specks of dust in other peoples' eyes.
Is that asking and stating the impossible?
Just for your thought.
Thanks.
Kipenji.

J Ssemakula <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mr. Dambisya:

Where and how have I considered, even remotely, that Ibingira is a just a short step away from sainthood?

Let me state what my position categorically (for the umpteenth time) with regard to Ibingira as you seem to be unable and/or unwilling to infer it from my earlier postings.

1. I reported what Ibingira said.

2. With regard to his credibility as a source of information about Obote's megalominiacal and insatiable hunger for power and the extents to which he is willing to go to achieve his personal goals, as well as the inner workings of the UPC, I stated that Ibingira was (a) a trained lawyer, (b) a former Secretary-General of the UPC, (c) a legal adviser to the UPC, and (d) a former cabinet minister in Obote's government.

If, in your opinion,  this is tantamount to considering Ibingira to be just a shortstep away from sainthood, so be it!

Having said that, let me add that I did not make up that list. Ibingira himself did. I can, er, quote you "chapter and verse", where he did.

Finally, this is discussion is not about me or you. It is about the devil himself -- Obote: what he did, when he did it, why he did it, how he did it and what the consequencies have been (and/or will continue to be) for us, Ugandans. Let us never forget that.

Clear enough for you?

Ssemakula