----Original Message Follows----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ugnet_: Gaddafi tells world Libya has "nothing to hide"
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:25:19 EST

Uncle George's "SHOCK & AWE" campaign which saw to massive bombing of
Saddam's Iraq, with Tomahawk cruise Missiles, F 111, B-52's has work in sending
a clear message to Gaddaffi. Gaddaffi is now scared Shitless (excuse my
French) in his Bedouin Camp he is probably now sweating blood.

The leader of the "Green Revolution" is now on his knees begging for
mercy!! He has thrown the tent door, so to say, open for the Americans to come
in and be part Capitalist looting frenzy of Libya's OIL.

Some revolutionary indeed.!! LO

Matek

Gaddafi tells world Libya has "nothing to hide"

By Salah Sarrar

TRIPOLI, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Muammar Gaddafi invited the world to come to
Libya to see for itself that Tripoli was not concealing banned weapons, after
promising that the country was abandoning its atomic bomb programme.

"Come and see... We don't want to hide anything," the Libyan leader told CNN
in an interview broadcast on Tuesday.

Libyan and U.N. officials said on Monday that snap checks of Libyan nuclear
sites could begin as soon as next week after Tripoli accepted U.N. inspections
to convince the world it was giving up its nuclear weapons programme.

Gaddafi's oil-rich state, long on the U.S. list of sponsors of terrorism,
said last week it was abandoning plans to build an atomic bomb and other weapons
of mass destruction (WMD). It now wants trading benefits, including an end to
U.S. sanctions.

"We have no intention to make these weapons, these WMD. But there are many
rumours, many accusations, (much) propaganda against Libya, particularly in this
field, and we have to stop this propaganda against us," he said in English.

"And we say: Why are you accusing us and using propaganda? You exercise
terrorist policy against the Libyan people by accusing us," he said in the
interview, which CNN said was conducted in a Bedouin tent 30 minutes outside the
capital.

Libya's moves to scrap its illicit weapons programmes mark an about-face for
the mercurial Gaddafi, who seized power 34 years ago in the North African
desert nation of 5.5 million.

For much of his rule, Libya has been under U.S. or U.N. sanctions, accused of
sponsoring or carrying out terrorist acts ranging from bombing airliners to
training foreign guerrillas.

U.N. sanctions were lifted this year after Libya agreed to pay compensation
for the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing, which killed 270 people. But
Washington kept its embargo in place.

The U.S. State Department said Washington would look at dropping the
sanctions "as Libya's policy changes, Libya's behaviour changes, Libya's circumstances
change," spokesman Richard Boucher told a news briefing.

Asked what assurances he had received on sanctions being removed, Gaddafi
said through an interpreter: "We have good faith in improving relations between
our two respective countries.

"This cooperation will feed our technology industry. Vis a vis this
equipment, we wish American companies and British companies to cooperate with us and to
use them together for peaceful purposes."

But he said he saw "dark aspects and sometimes bright aspects" in U.S.
President George W. Bush.

"We do hope aspects that bright aspects will be predominant because we have
no interest or no benefit from the dark side."

"OTHERS SHOULD FOLLOW"

British and U.S. officials had been negotiating with Libya over banned
weapons for nine months and Britain said Libya may have been prompted into its
surprise move after observing the fate of Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.

Gaddafi dismissed that, asking why Libya should follow the example of Iraq
when other countries had dismantled their weapons programmes in a transparent
way. South Africa gave up its illicit arms programmes a decade ago.

And he criticised Iraq's U.S.-led administration for showing pictures of a
dishevelled and disorientated Saddam when he was caught earlier this month.

He said, through the interpreter, that he told British Prime Minister Tony
Blair by telephone that the way Saddam was shown "made everybody sympathise with
him."

Gaddafi said, through the interpreter, other nations suspected of developing
weapons of mass destruction, such as North Korea, should follow Libya's lead.

"They should follow in Libya's steps; they should take Libya's example so
that they prevent any tragedy being inflicted on their own peoples. This would
tighten the noose around the Israelis so they would expose their programmes and
weapons of mass destruction," he said.

After interviewing Gaddafi, CNN reported he had said Libya had equipment and
technology, but did not have actual nuclear arms or long-range missiles.

The head of the Vienna-based U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency, Mohamed
ElBaradei, said on Monday he would travel to Libya next week to assess the
country's weapons programme and some inspections could also start then.

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* -------------------------------------------- This service is hosted on the Infocom network http://www.infocom.co.ug