Museveni told the crowd that he hates poor people and would like all people to be like him and his family.

"[First Lady] Janet has never strapped a baby on her back or drawn water from a well on her head and I want all to be like her," Museveni told the peasants.

He added that it is not good to stay among poor people because it is like a contagious disease.

Museveni said he has transformed Nyabushozi, his home county, into a "modern area" compared to other places in the country.

"If you go to Nyabushozi, there is a lot of development; permanent houses, good farms and people sending their children to university," he said.

Museveni told the gathering that he invites delegations to his home in Rwakitura so that they can pass through Nyabushozi and draw lessons about how they can develop their own homes.

"People of Nyabushozi are developed now; they are no longer the same but I am still above all of them," he said.

---