Chifu,

To retort with an editorial from the Government owned mouthpiece is true to
your character.

The fact that the political Parties have chosen litigation is testament to
the fact that the political Parties are not part of the causes for the
violence that has plagued my country. To follow Museveni's example is to go
to the bush and not to Court.

If it is indeed half, nay even a quarter true that Museveni has done so much
for the country then why is it inconceivable for him to fail to hold
competitive multiparty elections on a level playing field in 18 years? If
what you believe to be true is in fact true then those of us who do not
share your views will be resoundedly trounced and forced to retreat in
silence when defeated in a competitive multiparty election on a level
playing field. We are not asking for any special consideration but just that
we are free to exercise and enjoy our God given personal to holder
fundamental rights and freedoms. To deny us this simply because Museveni has
done such great things for the country totally defies logic. The fact that
there was a promise for democratic election after 4 years (1990) yet the
intention was and is to make himself a life President should show you that
despite the bravado, Museveni does not share your unbridled confidence in
his ability to win competitive elections and has resorted to suppress the
opposition.

On dictators, Hitler was a democratically elected Chancellor before becoming
a dictator who managed to restore the German economy. The million life
question is at what cost to the citizens of Germany and Europe not to
mention North Africa? Museveni is a dictator who it can be proved did not
have an economic programme for Uganda save the failed Barter-trade, and the
cost in the lives of citizens in Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, DRC and Sudan is
neither acceptable nor desirable.

Stories in the press today quote him as saying that there are about 400
'rebels' in eight groups while there are over 1,400,000 (one million four
hundred thousand) Ugandans in Internally Displaced Peoples Camps with poor
facilities who according to your beloved Museveni says "that whereas people
in camps do not live very comfortably, they are still alive, their children
go to school and they
get relief food and other items however modest." There is a saying that "a
man's home is his castle". Those in the camps have lost absolutely
everything and are living in cauldrons of inhumanity but Museveni does not
seem to share the concern when considered with the fact that the
displacement has been a norm for almost 18 years and has at times risen to
over 2.7 million (to quote Museveni himself) Ugandans displaced. Let us not
count those Ugandans who have sought refuge with friends and relatives or
opted for the deep blue sea of exile.

The Fugee