Fellow citizens:

Akech is engaged  in yet another futile effort  to discredit a Roman Catholic Priest by calling the priest a quote "lair". She seems to think she is  the one who speaks the truth!!! Between her and the Priest who does she really think members of the International Community are going to believe. I say the Priest.

Matek

Fr Carlos is a Liar, Says Akech

  Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

New Vision (Kampala)February 12, 2004
Posted to the web February 12, 2004 Alfred Wasike And Anne Mugisa
Kampala

THE Government has described Fr. Carlos Rodriquez, a member of the Acholi Religious Leaders' Peace Initiative, as a liar.The Government said Carlos was a Lord's Resistance Army sympathiser trying to incite people in northern Uganda against the State and frustrate Operation Iron Fist against the rebels.

"To lie like Fr Carlos did is unacceptable. That priest has a secret interest that we shall soon know.

Religious leaders must lead by example. They should not lie like Fr Carlos does. He is trying to incite people in the north against the state," the Minister of State for Security, Betty Akech, told The New Vision yesterday.Meanwhile, information minister Nsaba Buturo said yesterday the fate of Fr. Carlos, whom the UPDF want removed from the north, was to be decided next week.

Gulu district security committee also recommended that Carlos be deported for 'spreading false information prejudicial to national security.""The Government is looking into it closely and we are to make a decision soon... The President is consulting and carrying out investigations and as early as next week we will know what steps to take on Fr. Carlos," Nsaba Buturo said.

"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the state."

- Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels - Hitler's propaganda minister