Visit

http://www.idr.co.ug/dfwa-u/gallery.htm

Quick pick in a gangsters lawless paradise.

You can imagine sometimes that the Kampala government has some little sense after the failures of their bloody privatisation stance. NO?!

http://www.marxists.org/

Listen you have a house in one of the nearby slum built over 10 years
on your merger income of less than 500,000 shilling per month. The
house is not insured as the majority commercial and residential
facilities are because of low incomes, but yet on fire and guess what
you pick up a phone to call on the REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
MANAGER MR. SIMON C MEARS - thereafter a public service is billed at
your own discretion.

To let or not let live your kids burning in slum – can you imagine how
slum dweller are very rich people. Uganda is interesting indeed.

Let Uganda be America and we are there, because taxes paid on
properties are not enough to create a functioning public fire brigade.
NO. We need Amuka and Arrow plus Kitgum brigade on billions of our
taxes.

Though at times I tend to be sceptical about science in this case I
will ask the police force under General Katumba, internal affairs
minister Honourable Rugunda and the likes - WHAT IS THE EMPIRICAL BASE FOR THIS MOVE i.e. which country/ieas are running private fire brigades in the same state like Uganda?

Bwanika

Private firm to fight fires
March 4, 2004

KAMPALA- A local security firm - Security Group Uganda Limited, has
said that it will offer fire-fighting services to the public starting
August this year.
The service will be available to both domestic and industrial use.

If the plan succeeds, this will be the first private company to offer
such services to the public, now only provided by Police. The Company's
Regional Business Development Manager, Simon C. Mears, said that the
company would also offer paramedical ambulance services.

"These new security services we have launched in the Uganda market are
geared at safeguarding the lives of the people and their businesses in
this era of high risks of industrial accidents and health hazards,'' he
said.

This was during the launch at the International Conference Centre in
Kampala on February 26. The company will in the meantime start with two
fire fighting vehicles, which will offer services within Kampala
district.

The company is yet to finalise on the billing arrangement. The company
is presently training 20 fire fighters from within the country. The
Marketing Manager, Richard Mwesigwa said that the company would soon
get an operation licence from Uganda police.

__________
bwanika

url: www.idr.co.ug

Logon & Join in ug-academicsdb discussion list

http://www.coollist.com/subcribe.html

List ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your Email address:

url: http://uhpl.uganda.co.ug