This fellow really never ceases to amaze me. He is the very chup promoting wars from
Northern Uganda, to Eastern Uganda, to DRc Congo, to Rwanda, to Sudan....and now
Museveni turns around, in a sense of profound duplicity, and claims that wars are
making us poor. He mister "president",  must we remind you that you created the quote
" stupid" war in Northern Uganda...morestill, you saw it fit to continue fighting the
"stupid war".

Many have called upon your Military dictatorship to resolve this conflcit in Northern
Uganda through dialougue..and did you even pay attention to such calls ...No. You are
the strong man who believe in Kurring people..in shooting, bombing using herricopter
Gunships. Surely you dictatorship is entirely responsible for the  hopless situation
the people of Northern and Eastern Uganda currently find themsleves in.

MK

War making us poor, says Museveni
By Badru D. Mulumba
May 31, 2004

SHANGHAI â If you live below the poverty line, partly blame the rebellion in the
north. President Yoweri Museveni (right), said this while addressing more than 600
participants to the first ever global conference on scaling up poverty reduction in
China's largest port city last week,

He blamed Uganda's poverty level partly on the 18-year-old conflict. It has displaced
an estimated 1.5 million people.

âIf it wasn't for some stupid conflict which we have been having in the northern
part of the country, we would have reduced poverty even further," Museveni said, after
noting that 38 percent of the population, down from 56 percent in 1992, lives below
the poverty line.

The World Bank defines the poverty line as living on under a dollar a day.
Museveniâs remarks came ahead of the final draft of the Shanghai Agenda on reducing
poverty that notes that security was key for Ugandaâs poverty reduction.

Poverty in Uganda first fell to 35 percent in 1999. Last year, it rose to 38 percent.