When they call it Restoration of federalism, sounds like Uganda has ever been a federal state.

Em

Toronto

Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: ugnet_: We will die for federo - Prince Wassajja - New Vision 26/7/2004

We will die for federo – Wassajja

By Patrick Jaramogi
THE president of the Federal Think Tank Foundation Uganda Chapter, Prince Dickson Wassajja, has said the group is ready to die for the restoration of federo (federalism).
“The people have decided and no one can stop them. I am ready to die or be hanged or shot for federo,” he said.

“I was the chairman of the team that organised the pro-federo demo at Bulange last week. I am ready to be arrested.”

Wassajja, also Reform Agenda chairperson for Kiboga district, was on Thursday addressing the press at the St. Augustine Students Centre at Makerere University.
Flanked by National Freedom Party chairman Joel Luliko Wakayima, Wassajja said they would not accept the federo granted by Museveni.

“We shall not exchange federo for kisanja. Neither shall we accept the federo granted by Museveni because it will be short-lived and will crash as soon as Museveni crashes,” he said.

Wakayima said another anti-federo group, the Multiparty and Federo People’s Organisation, was unveiling a plan for countrywide federo demonstrations.

“We are tired of lies and corrupt Movement officials. We are organising a pro-federo demonstration in Bugiri. We were invited by the Busoga Kingdom,” he said.
Wassajja said the federo which they want would have to be decided by all Ugandans not Museveni.

He warned all those trying to negotiate with the Government for federo that they would neither be accepted nor supported.
Ends

Published on: Monday, 26th July, 2004

Email this article to a friend.