Can a state or nation become "stateless"?

--- Begin Message ---
What kind of thought process could lead one to make (sweeping) statements and/or such view as:

“…The cause of federal demand is purely lack of nationalism and patriotism….”

“…The desire to be in power leads to unfairness and injustice…”

“…So, when we see the Baganda ferociously asking for federal arrangement, we should note that the Baganda are nursing fears. It is not that when they get federo, they will have perfect leadership but that they would sleep comfortably if they mismanaged their resources as Baganda….”

“…So by demanding federo, the Baganda are simply being bold. They are saying that the situation in the wider Uganda is getting worse, so give us our own. They are saying that most of the known corrupt government officials are not Baganda yet they loot resources that Buganda also contributes.

The Baganda are saying because corruption is with us and government has failed to put a stop to it, give us control of our resources so that those who loot are Baganda, who will remain in Buganda hence in away develop Buganda...”

“…Now that the Baganda have started pushing for federo, other tribes will follow suit. The Baganda started by asking for their Kingdom and they got it. Other groups including Iteso who never had a cultural head asked for one. As government continues to be insensitive to voices of caution, one day Kingdoms will become centres of power and the state called Uganda will be no more….”

These pearls of wismom are culled from:

Chris Obore, Monitor's Education Editor, in his article "Federo question; Uganda could become stateless" Monitor, Aug 27, 2004

--- End Message ---