How simple-minded can Ugandans get??

How can ability to speak fluent English, for crying out loud, somehow disqualify anyone from running for elected office?  How can that be a qualification for leadership

What have all the fluent English-speaking rulers we have had, and have, done for Uganda in the last quarter century?

Have any of the ignorami ever heard the leaders of France, german, Russia, Japan, China, etc tec speaking English?

Godfrey Sekisonge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sebaggala shuns media

By Jim Kalyesubula

MAKINDYE East MP Michael Mabikke has said former Kampala mayor Hajji Nasser Sebaggala has been advised to temporarily stop addressing press conferences and featuring at radio talk shows.

He said this follows the ‘negative publicity he has lately been getting in the media’.

Mabikke was on Tuesday addressing a press discourse organised by the Uganda Journalists Association.
Sebaggala had originally been expected to address the press discourse but Mabikke represented him.

He said Al-Hajji Nasser Sebaggala Committee had advised the presidential aspirant to temporarily stop featuring at radio talk shows and addressing press conferences.

Since Sebaggala’s return in July, he has been under pressure to show his academic transcript.
His inability to speak English fluently has also cast doubt on his claim that he had acquired a degree.

Aloysius Lugira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DP QUINTET:See, Focus, Judge, Consult and Act.

By
Aloysius Muzzanaganda Mugerwa Lugira
DPUSA Chairman Emeritus
Kampala, August 27, 2004

Hannibal the African Punic Carthegian was a hero. Among his many achievements, as one of the celebrated military world leaders. He descended on the City State of Ancient Rome with his soldiers, using a herd of elephants as personnel carriers. He besieged Rome. But prematurely got carried away by the urge of celebrating the impending victory. His opponent, however, Scipio Africanus out-manouvered him. Instead of facing Hannibal, Scipio Africanus, opted for navigating his soldiers accross the Mediterranian Sea arrived in North Africa captured and destroyed the then defenseless Carthage, the home base of Hannibal. Since then colonialism established its roots in Africa. And from this the Roman saying came that: "Hannibal knows how to win, but does not know  how to put victory into fruition. Hopefully DP must not be connected to this saying about Hannibal.

Julius Caesar summarized the achievements of his military leadership in the line: " I came, I saw,  I conquered." With this Hannibal situation and Caesar's summary let me suggest something to our DP. Without procrastination let DP keep the eye on the prize. Let DP see, focus, judge, consult and above all act. Inertia will not do.

Of late, hope within DP was boosted by what was believed to be a great reconciliatory gesture. One believed that Dr. Paul Kawanga Ssemogerere's embrace with Mr. Francis A. W. Bwengye had established a vision for a new day. The Process Management Committee [PMC] was put in place with the hope of opportunely rejuvenating DP. Some DP peoples' hope became diminished when some observers still experienced the status quo. Many had understood that with the PMC, Dr.Ssemogerere and Mr. Bwengye would step aside and let the PMC take charge of the affairs of the Party. Some DP diehards are loudly heard asking questions like: "What is the PMC doing to make us palpably identify that it is doing something towards the rejuvenation of DP?"

A Delegates Conference was suggested for August 4, 2004. It did not require a brain surgeon to realize how unrealistic this proposition was. It did not take place. Some cite shortage of proactivity as a cause of the casualty of that date. The PMC should make effort to see, to focus, to judge, to consult and above all, to act.

To set the ball really rolling, the PMC at this point should help show that the DP leadership can firmly and agreeable address three things:

One, the DP Leadership should shun the fact or even the appearance of taking members of the Democratic Party, for granted.

Two, the DP Leadership should see to it that the Democratic Party is immediately registered and push for party participation of DP in the political life of our Nation-state Uganda without the blatant violation of the unalienable human and peoples rights.

Three, the DP Leadership should avoid the fact and/or the semblance of a hand-picked candidate for the presidency of DP and eventually for the National Presidency. For that reason one should urgently encourage whoever is known to be nurturing the intension of standing for the party presidency to declare his or her candidacy before the end of the month of September 2004, so that the electorate can be given a chance to come to informed conclusions about the candidates. It is also appropriate to be in such shape before the date of the Golden Jubilee of DP takes place on October 6, 2004.

Compatriot, what is your take on this DP QUINTET?

Check out Election 2004 for up-to-date election news, plus voter tools and more!