".......He said production would start by end of this year and farmers will be
paid Shs2,000 for a tin of oranges......"

Just how big is this tin? If it is a 20 Litre tin, I think the farmers are
being cheated!!!

Juice factory to open in Soroti
By Wander w'Ouma
SOROTI - Livelihood Initiatives for Teso (LIFT - TESO), a juice-canning firm,
has started registering farmers to supply oranges to its new factory. The
Executive Director, Rev. Sam Ebukalin, said the firm the first of its kind in
the region with an investment of Shs160 million has secured market in Germany
and Canada for canned juice."We have registered 480 farmers from 18 sub
counties to supply oranges. We are aiming at least 30 farmers in every sub
country," Ebukalim said.He said production would start by end of this year and
farmers will be paid Shs2,000 for a tin of oranges.He was speaking during a
regional conference on planning for the development of the Teso region held at
the Lions Club Conference Hall in Soroti on March 12.

\\\\\\\"Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate
version of someone else.\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Njoki Paul
University of Pretoria