EM
Registration in a lay man's language means that Bwana Museveni has accepted defeat. There is no more tricks in the eyes of the court. You as a Ugandan in Kampala or Luwero can, repeat can, now go to the constitutional square and sing ee mamma, na UPC, and incase you are arrested, they have to come with an official reason why they are arresting and possibly detaining you. Is your arrest on the basis of loittering or because of your conscience. It is not proof that Uganda as a state is now politically open and things will any different regarding freedom of speech.

As for the second question, NRM never refused UPC as a party to sell CD's and Tapes in Washington. Rather, NRM made it illegal for us to do those things.
You see EM, we in UPC like to do our things legally and transparently. We are not very good at doing things under the table. In fact each time one of us tries, we get caught, and end up in jail. So NRM made it very easy for us to do illegal things which unfortunately we are not very good at doing. That is our only complaint.

The floor is yours EM.

BWambuga.

Edward Mulindwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bwambuga

Can you kindly in a lay man's language explain to me what that registration means? Should I as a Ugandan in Kampala or Luwero see this certificate as proof that Uganda as a state is now politically open and things will be any different under NRM leadership regarding freedom of speech?

Lastly and I do not tend to ask a whole lots of questions, how did NRM refuse UPC as a party to sell CDs and Tapes in Washington, a party that has been able to make meetings in taxi cabs of Kampala?

Ears to you.

Em
Toronto