Vagina Monologues, Politics & Media Theory

To some, it was pornography, to others freedom and to the rest women liberation
- a revolution in making. Societies are interesting phenomena and can’t fail to
see ludicrousness and nonsensicality.

There is a European anthropologist who got terribly disgusted the way Africans
danced wiggling their lower parts – first he intoxicated the African with booze
to get to the real thing.

Pity him he was used to ballet I’ll assume.

Now, think of Ndobolo, Kwasakwasa and the girls can do their thing – say they
love it, to feel their anatomical composition and configuration.

There are secrets only; psychologists, medical workers, sociologist and
criminologist know in details.

I don’t mean in Uganda, it is the USA, Canada and Europe I mean to be precise.

There’s also astrology, love and a penchant for an easy life on dreams filled
and unfulfilled. Chaos becomes real.

Women battering and homicide here reached a point of non- iterate causality - a
double causality. But all in all, there are underlying mechanisms; I have no
space here to delve into.

Homicide reports about women in Europe on a daily basis is like blinking; in
the USA the situation can’t be reversed unless the entire society structures
and appended institutions change.

These and many other issues are not for Uganda media to write home about in
pursuit of the political dream.

Now I can’t understand how that factor in into Uganda women’s situation.

The reason I like contemporary social research and trash is interestingly how a
solution can instantly become a problem!

When I looked in my collection of books - I discovered it under “theories of
Reality – deviation and sub title: Conspiracy or Hegemony theory – “ conspiracy
or hegemony theory can, with little exercise of the imagination, be found to
account or many of the findings about content as reflecting exercise of
societal control by self- interested elites or classes. Their power is likely
to be reinforced by public ignorance of social reality….,

- pg. 196 Denis McQuail - Mass Communication Theory, An introduction 2 nd Ed.
1989.

Claim or counter claim – the V- monologues was destined to nothingness;

1.      The proponents of the vagina monologues gave no numbers of battered
women, men to women violence, women on women (acid) and women to men violence
in Uganda. This made matters worse if the question was in the context rather
than content, it crashed.

2.      As if women were in non-existence, men did more talking and writing as
if women in Kampala were functionally illiterate about such matters.

3.      Wittingly the vagina become the subject i.e. the objective character of
experience – don’t mind, free will and weal at Speek, Sheraton Hotels & women
of the night, Uganda changing society i.e. women seduction of young men etc.
(recently a woman raped a man - a Mutoro nail painter)

When I did a minor investigation, a red G-string tight panted figureless women
bored to a Matatu under such stress to enter it – I was left wondering why not
a dress into such unfavourable conditions.

The V-monologue is a success I am yet to read Newtonian ethics!

Bwanika.

Bwanika
________

http://www.idrconsulting.com