"KONY " is like the pheonix bird ..Inspite of many declarations made by the regime in Kampala that "kony" is finished, the man or his "rebels' emerge from nowhere.!!..and now we hear that "kony" is heading to Ethiopia according to NEW VISION SOURCE...no sooner was such claim made, then we heard that  "konny" has strike Apac and Gulu!!!!!! Moreover, I hear, the "rebels' Striked  Bar Dege Gulu  when the UPDF was guarding the vacinity !!!!!!!

Matek!

Simon Nume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matek

This is a real farce !!   Did Bigombe ring "Kony" in Ethiopia ??  And if they can call him why can't they pinpoint where he is and capture him ?

On his way to Ethiopia indeed !!

Betty Achan should stop playing these stupid games for M7

Nume

Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The truth be told, there is no peace which the Bigombs can Negotiate. ..and Bigombe should stop decieveing us.  Yoweri Museveni was absolute  in his statements.: the man wants  to continue fighting "kony"  ..so now what is bigombe really negotiating? Nothing!!!

Let the man fight..t until thy kingdom come...In the meantime , We Ugandans would like to see another leader take over the leadership of Uganda, who would then negotiate  really  peace with  "Kony" .

Matek

Matek

Betty Bigombe Phones Kony

Email This Page

Print This Page

Visit The Publisher's Site

Kampala

Chief peace broker Betty Bigombe has talked to LRA rebel chief Joseph Kony to revitalise negotiations aimed at ending the 19-year-long insurgency that has devastated northern Uganda, reports Alfred Wasike.

"I have talked to him about arranging a meeting to iron out obstacles. But I expressed very strong concern about their resumption of lip-cutting and other forms of terror that they used to engage in to terrorise the population in northern Uganda," said Bigombe, who works for the World Bank in Washington D.C.

The army recently said Kony was fleeing towards Ethiopia.

The UPDF said it would support Bigombe's efforts.

"She is trying to keep hope alive and we support her all the way," the army spokesperson, Maj. Shaban Bantariza, said yesterday. He said the situation in northern Uganda was calm.

Bantariza criticised the LRA for resuming terror to generate publicity and for revenge. "They were taking advantage of some women who would leave IDP camps to look for food or water.

But we are getting reports of people who are posing as top LRA commanders. For example, someone calling himself Odhiambo asked the army for money to poison Kony," Bantariza said.

Bigombe, whose effort at peace collapsed in 1993/94, yesterday said, "We are at a very delicate stage in the talks. I talked to him on phone. We are working on a venue for the face-to-face talks.

But they have to stop the atrocities and killings. I am emphatic on that.

"I am confident that we shall make a breakthrough. There will be some setbacks but we shall breakthrough," she added.

President Museveni ordered a truce in November last year that he extended many times to give the rebels and the Government peace team, led by internal affairs minister Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda, a chance to sign an agreement.

Relevant Links

The signing on December 31, 2004, however, failed because the rebels stayed away.

The United Nations last year welcomed the peace process, saying it provided a way out of the war and urged both sides to stay on the course.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone._______________________________________________

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone._______________________________________________