Okutu Del Coli:

Even as I write,  Western Intelligence services, unbeknown to you and Mucebeni , are flooding Uganda, as tourist, visiting professionals, embassy  workers, students, NGO personal ...you name it.  That stated, Mucebeni's buddies in the west know exactly what they want or can get from the regime in Kampala. If the they somehow calculate that Mucebeni and the NRM has become  a liability to their interest in Uganda, believe me, no matter how many PR firms Museveni hires in London of Washington DC..nobody will listen to this RP or is it PR firm!!!

Matek

Okuto del Coli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my mind, I am not looking at Musseveni, NRM, MOVEMENT, UPC or whatever. I am looking at strategy. Certain things cost much but produces manifold the costs, in dividends. If I were the one concern and my target is the Western European donors, a Western European PR agency or consultant would also be my preference.

The things that capture their donor hearts, ears, and eyes are of a different sort, at a different level, requires different level of qualitative professionalism. We live in a sophisticated era (mass medial not least). Certain things need to be presented in certain ways for maximum dividend.

You my brother Matek, better start sharpening your campaign technology if you are to have a chance come election 2006.

No Matek, be truthful. It is a sign that he is eying the bigger catch. Marketing his visions in the manners suitable for that category market, so to say. That is what you politicians should all do.

When you present the Northern crisis to the West, do so at and with appropriate level of professionalism.

Like you are saying, the West knows what Musseveni is doing. They are use to it. In their culture it is the politicians daily bread. You know it from Canada there. You should instead rival him out! I am aware that is not the simplest thing.

One more thing, the West knows most of the things that they need to know about what is happening in Uganda. They also know that Uganda has a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOVERNMENT, which besides, is implementing (at least they claim so) various charters, articles of UN conventions.

Take for example that on terrorism. The ICC says yes we see violation. Acoli leaders say:” no we solve this the home way”( bouncing back UN, The same UN they cry for help from). Ugandan government giggles!!

There are several UN conventions and treaties to which Uganda is signatory.

Best way for Ugandan politicians like you would be to take a look there and see if there is any help they can get. For example the UN Millennium goal, Food for ALL, UNESCO’s qualitative education for all, etceteras.

Don’t you see how refugees to Europe tell such lies that almost quakes?!

It is about arrival!!

Best rgds