Mw. Semakula,

What I know is that the printers, the author ( Kiingi) and Makerere University were supporsed to seal the agreement this month, and expect it on the market at the beginning of next year.

Ssenyange
-------------

From: musamize <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ugandanet@kym.net
Subject: Re: [Ugnet] A garbled Luganda glossary
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

Mw. Ssenyange,

That will be a welcome addition! Do you know when we can expect it in stores? I'd like to pre-order it.

I regret that in the previous list I forgot to include a special dictionary by Prof. Daniel Ntanda Nsereko at the University of Botswana. The title is something like Luganda English Law Dictionary. It explains legal terminologies in Luganda.

ssenya nyange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Musamize & Vokoni

The first Luganda - Luganda dictionary by Kibuuka Kiingi and the
Makerere Institute of Languages is being printed at this time. It will be
the official dictionary to be used in schools especially the lower grades (
1-4). During last month's African linguists\ lexicologists meeting in
Nairobi, Makerere University emerged as the leeding research university on
the Lexicology of African languages. A number of research ( phd) candidates
from Makerere were being "enticed" to complete their PHDs in South African
and Tanzanian Universities ( e.g one of Lusoga).

James Ssenyange