We live in very strange days indeed.

Em
Toronto

Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 8:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Ugandacom] Re: [Ugnet] Sudan VP Garang 'killed in crash'

EM:
That is simply....Museveni has calculated that if he allows  an  International force   to intervine in Northern Uganda, perhap the force will determine that after all, there is no "kony" b) trhe force might actually bring the "war" in northern Uganda to an end to the detriment to those top UPDF soldiers from Yoweri Museveni's Village who have benefited enormously form the "war" in northern Uganda. That is why Kaguta is playing his card very very carefully.

Matek

Edward Mulindwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matek

Museveni has called on international community to investigate the crash. Why did he refuse an international intervention in Northern Uganda?

So I ask again do we have Konny fighting in Northern Uganda, or it is a government created war?

Em
Toronto

Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 6:48 PM

Mucebeni has most definately done a Masoud Abiola, or a Habyalima  on Garang!.How many times have we stated to the people of Uganda that Museveni is a killer..I wouldn't be surprise if it is later determined that there was a "malfunction" ( if you know what I mean) on Museveni Helicopter carrying Garang!!
Matek

Simon Nume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matek

WHY do I find Garang's death suspicious ? and WHY do I get a nasty feeling that M7 is somehow implicated :?  - (Habyarimana air crash)

Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sudan VP Garang 'killed in crash'
Breaking news graphic
Sudan's Vice-President John Garang, a former rebel leader, has been killed in a crash, a UN official has said.

Mr Garang had been missing since Saturday, when contact was lost with his helicopter flying back from Uganda.

The BBC's Jonah Fisher says Mr Garang's importance in holding together southern Sudan cannot be overstated.

He was greeted as a peacemaker by more than a million people when he was sworn in three weeks ago as part of a deal ending a decades-long civil war.

His death will be a huge blow to the Sudanese people, our correspondent adds.

On Sunday, state television had said he was missing, then that he had landed safely at a military base in the south.

Garang left Kampala heading for the New Sight camp in southern Sudan and contact was lost with the plane
Government statement

But a later report said authorities were still trying to locate his plane, lost between Uganda and southern Sudan.

Mr Garang left Uganda after talking with President Yoweri Museveni about strengthening ties between the two countries.

Mr Garang's former rebel movement, which he steered through a bloody 21-year civil war against the government in the north, is said to have been holding a crisis meeting in Kenya.

The conflict in Sudan ended with the signing of a peace agreement in January.

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page _______________________________________________