From: B Wambuga
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:03 AM
Subject: [Ugnet] Besigye addresses people in Gulu

Netters,
Beseigye addressed people in Gulu over the weekend by Phone. Read for your self and hear what he had to say.
------------------
Besigye addresses Gulu rally on phone

Col. Dr. Kizza Besigye

By Chris Ochowun

THE exiled chief of the Forum for Democratic Change (FDC), retired Col. Dr. Kizza Besigye (right), on Sunday addressed a vast crowd who braved the scorching sun at Kaunda ground to witness the launch of the party FDC office in Gulu.

He addressed them by telephone from South Africa.

Besigye said President Yoweri Museveni had subjected the Acholi to dehumanising conditions in the displaced people’s camps. He called MP Reagan Okumu’s phone which was connected to loud speakers. The crowd cheered with excitement as Besigye addressed them.

He said, “I salute you all the people of Acholi upon your firm decision to support the launch of FDC offices in Gulu, Kitgum and Pader districts.” He said it was unfortunate that the Acholi had been left homeless and hungry because of the bad leadership of Museveni.

“We shall not allow this kind of dictatorship to continue and the dry banana leaves people are being forced to carry should go back where they belong,” he said.

Foreign friends of the dictator have abandoned him because he is war monger, corrupt and violations of the constitution and human rights”, Besigye told the crowd in a 9 minutes address during the launch of FDC in Gulu.

He said legitimate leaders of Acholi were being subjected to torture and imprisonment and were being blackmailed by the dictatorship.

Published on: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005