Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 10:13:01 PST
From: ””<@hotmail.com
Subject: Information and communication in social change

”The methodical rationality assumed and embedded in IT is often incompatible to
the prevailing norms of organisation in many developing countries. For example,
many institutions and organisation in Uganda, have no tradition of formal
planning, and little capacity of organisation on the basis of requirement
analysis. Strategic decisions are either political therefore not amenable to
the analysis logic of organisational research., or intuitive, based on the
talent of managers. Many organisation are so clearly dysfunctional in relation
to their declared mission, that the call for reform seems totally convincing.”

Tony