Mulindwa,

I don't oppose being organized. However, your belief that: elected = accountable; appointed = irresponsible, is not necessarily the reality. Take a look at who is most corrupt in Uganda today and check whether they were elected or appointed.

Kasangwawo

From: "Edward Mulindwa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "The First Virtual Network for friends of Uganda" <ugandanet@kym.net>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],Florence Namutebi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ugandanet@kym.net
Subject: Re: [Ugnet] Important message for the Baganda in the Diaspora
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:20:09 -0400

James Matovu

Let us do things in an organized manner for once in a life time. Before we organize our selves as Baganda in Diaspora let Mengo get organized. We need an elected Lukiiko in Mengo. All these meetings we will do abroad will end up in raising funds to run Buganda and Mengo, and that is good. But do you really want to send your money to Mwaami so and so for he was appointed? If we were working that way we would not have been able to pay our bills. It is even laughable that you are calling on Ugandans in Diaspora to get organized before Mengo gets organized. And personally I hate doing things backwards.

This is backwards.

Em
Toronto