sharangabo rufagari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Dr Alfred Ndahiro,

       I did hear your interview with the voice of America.I very well know that you are expressing the view of his excellency the president of the republic of Rwanda but for the first time I am disagreeing with him.

           Let me be precise! Any constitution can be amended it.That mean the pepoles of Rwanda can request any time they want to bring a change in the constitution.From you I take that H.E Paul Kagame will not be seeking a third term as a candidate for the highest office in the country.That his right and we cannot deny him of it.

                Let keep in mind that at the end of his second term (because I guarantee to anybody that  it will happen).H.E the president of Rwanda will be sixty years old that twenty years younger than MANDELA was when he got out  from the office.

   H.E Paul KAGAME with or without the title of "PRESIDENT" or not will definitely remain our LEADER no matter what.

       MBEKI may be the President of RSA,tomorow ZUMA may became one as well.But not one of them will be higher than Nelson MANDELA.

            H.E Paul KAGAME is the liberator of Rwanda,just like BOLIVAR in south Amerika.He is the greatest man of our nation history.

                                  Before KAGAME became the President of Rwanda there was PAUL KAGAME after the PRESIDENT they will be always the same PAUL KAGAME.

  Paul Kagame is bigger than any president we have never known in our region.You can name them"AMIN DADA,MOBUTU SESE SEKO,the gennocidaire HABYARIMANA Juvenal and the one who cames afte them...."

      PAUL KAGAME is the symbole of hope in our continent.I am of the peoples who believes that a formal title does not make someone or at least execute what has to be done.Therefore with or without the third H.E will still be who he is.No matter what!

                                        Greetings

                                              Sharangabo Rufagari

Kagame: Sinner or Tutsi saviour?
CANADA VISIT | President still controversial a dozen years after the genocide. By Olivia Ward

Apr. 30, 2006. 01:00 AM

When Rwandan President Paul Kagame arrived in Montreal last week for a conference on Africa, he was greeted by hundreds of drum-banging protestors, accusing him of massive violations of human rights.
But he was also feted as a great African leader and presented with a medal for reconciliation in Rwanda by the University of Sherbrooke.
The dramatic contrast might well leave Canadians scratching their heads. But Kagame is a leader who sparks fierce debate among politicians, human rights groups and the people of his volatile region of central Africa.
Hailed by some as the saviour of his country — he ousted the Hutu extremists who carried out the 1994 genocide — he is condemned by others as a ruthless militant who took revenge on thousands of Hutu civilians and sparked a horrific war in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo. Some of his opponents accuse him of launching the genocide by shooting down a plane carrying Rwanda's Hutu president.
Kagame's presidential style is also controversial. His advocates defend his policy of muzzling any mention of ethnic differences in Rwanda, while critics accuse him of repressing political opponents and the media.
Who is the real Paul Kagame?
The 49-year-old leader himself gives little away. In an interview last this week, he was quiet and controlled, speaking with his trademark seriousness and deliberation. Very tall, bespectacled and reed-thin, he would not be out of place in the faculty of a Canadian university. But his firm handshake is the grip of the military officer he had been for many years.
"Let those who accuse me of terrible things face justice themselves," he said in a rare burst of emotion. "They are the ones who have blood on their hands."
From his earliest years, Kagame was no stranger to bloodshed. Born in Gitarama, western Rwanda, he was exiled to Uganda at age 4, after the violent 1959 coup that displaced the last Tutsi monarch, King Kigeri V, a distant relative of his mother. Some 20,000 Tutsis were killed and more than 160,000 fled for their lives.
The ethnic rift would haunt Kagame for the rest of his life, propelling him into a military career during which he rose meteorically as his victories mounted.
"Throughout his early life, he returned to Rwanda clandestinely several times," says Colin Waugh, a British writer and economist who is the author of Paul Kagame and Rwanda: Power, Genocide and the Rwandan Patriotic Front. "He saw the oppression of his community and it had a powerful effect. Most of (the Tutsis) had been forcibly exiled."
The Tutsis had been a ruling minority in Rwanda. But in 1961, a majority-backed Hutu government came to power after a referendum. Anti-Tutsi violence grew in the region, along with other ethnic conflicts.
At age 22, Kagame joined the National Resistance Army of Ugandan guerrilla leader Yoweri Museveni, and helped overthrow Ugandan dictator Idi Amin and his successor, Milton Obote.
In 1985, Kagame joined an old friend, Fred Rwigyema, in forming the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), largely composed of exiled Rwandan Tutsi soldiers. A fluent English-speaker, Kagame completed a military training program in the United States and took command of the RPF in 1990 when Rwigyema was killed in an ill-fated attempt to invade Rwanda.
At 33, Kagame had become a legend in the region.
Gen. Romeo Dallaire, then head of United Nations peacekeeping mission in Rwanda, recalls meeting Kagame for the first time to discuss the 1993 Arusha accords, the power-sharing agreement meant to end ethnic violence.
"He towered over the gathering with a studious air that didn't quite disguise his hawk-like intensity," Dallaire writes in his book on Rwanda, Shake Hands With the Devil. "Behind his spectacles, his glistening charcoal eyes were penetrating, projecting his mastery of the situation."
Dallaire admired the discipline of the troops Kagame commanded. If the RPF leader "was responsible for nurturing this force, he was a truly impressive leader and perhaps deserved the sobriquet that the media had given him: the Napoleon of Africa."
On April 6, 1994, the plane in which Rwandan president Juvenal Habyarimana was travelling with Burundi President Cyprien Ntaryamira was shot down over Kigali, the Rwandan capital. Genocidal attacks on Tutsis and moderate Hutus followed rapidly, ending the lives of some 800,000 people as the understaffed UN mission failed to save them.
Allegations that Kagame ordered the downing of the plane surfaced in 1997, when Tutsi informants alleged that he had ordered the catastrophic act. More recently, Joshua (Abdul) Ruzibiza, a former RPF lieutenant under Kagame, told the ongoing International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda he had belonged to a unit that shot down the airliner.
Before Kagame's unofficial visit to Canada, the tribunal's lead defence council, Peter Erlinder, outlined the allegations in a letter to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, saying he "could not permit an accused war criminal ... to receive the endorsement of the Canadian government without putting the record straight."
Kagame has furiously denied the charges. And, says Gerry Caplan, Toronto-based author of Rwanda: The Preventable Genocide, "there is not one single, credible historian of the genocide who will tell you decisively who did it.
"If it was the RPF, then how did (Hutu) hate radio stations start broadcasting the fact the very second it happened? And we would have to believe that a well-organized, planned genocide was a spontaneous outpouring of Hutu anger."
During the genocide, the RPF waged civil war against the militias that committed the massacres and two months later entered Kigali. Kagame became vice-president, with moderate Hutu Pasteur Bizimungu — also an RPF member — as president.
To prevent Hutu rebels from invading Rwanda, Kagame sent troops into Democratic Republic of Congo, where the Rwandese presence sparked continuing violence and instability that has left more than 3 million people dead.
Kagame has described the time of the genocide and its aftermath as one of desperation, after he realized that the international community would not intervene. He says the accusations against him are an attempt to detract from the magnitude of the genocide.
He has called for the surrender of expatriate war crime suspects, such as Quebec resident Leon Mugesera, to Rwanda for trial.
Mugesera, accused of hate-mongering speeches before the genocide, is to be deported pending a Canada Border Services Agency investigation of the risk he faces in Rwanda. If it finds that he faces the death penalty, the Federal Court could review his case.
Another war crimes suspect, Desire Munyaneza of Etobicoke, has been detained and awaits trial in Canada.
Kagame has made justice and reconciliation national policy, creating a local court system for trying war crimes cases. His opposition to the re-emergence of ethnic politics is so rigid that he has been accused of being a dictator.
Alison Des Forges, a senior adviser to Human Rights Watch, says the lack of political freedom in Rwanda could work in the short term, "but Kagame is fighting a battle against time, facing both demographics and poverty."
Kagame has been president since March 2000, but his landslide election victory in August 2003 has been criticized for irregularities.
British author Waugh, a former aid official in Africa who served as an election observer for the European Union, disagrees with the critics.
"I don't believe it was a stolen election," he says. "And Kagame's policy of abolishing the concept of ethnicity has, on the whole, been a huge success compared to what you see in the region.
"He is unconventional. He doesn't fit the mold of what Westerners expect of African leaders, nor is he anyone's puppet. But on another level, if Africa is going to be led by its own people, it has to have its own voice, not one dubbed by Western leaders."
Additional articles by Olivia Ward

                 Sharangabo Rufagari

http://mail.yahoo.com

                 Sharangabo Rufagari

All new Yahoo! Mail -
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane. __._,_.___

Les messages publiés sur DHR n'engagent que la responsabilité de leurs auteurs.

CONSIDERATION, TOLERANCE, PATIENCE AND MUTUAL RESPECT towards the reinforcement of GOOD GOVERNANCE,DEMOCRACY and HUMAN RIGHTS in our states.

Liability and Responsibility: You are legally responsible, and solely responsible, for any content that you post to DHR. You may only post materials that you have the right or permission to distribute electronically. The owner of DHR cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy of any statements made in or materials posted to the group by participants.

Maître Innocent  TWAGIRAMUNGU
DHR FOUNDER&OWNER
Tél.mobile: 0032- 495 48 29 21

UT UNUM SINT

" BE NICE TO PEOPLE ON YOUR WAY UP, BECAUSE YOU MIGHT MEET THEM ON YOUR WAY DOWN." Jimmy DURANTE.

COMBATTONS la haine SANS complaisance, PARTOUT et avec Toute ENERGIE!!!!!!
Let's  rather prefer Peace, Love , Hope and Life, and get together as one!!! Inno TWAGIRA

Liens Yahoo! Groupes