From: Edward Mulindwa [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], ugandanet@kym.net, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:01:50 -0400
Subject: [Ugnet] [abujaNig] THANK GOD THE JEWS REJECTED UGANDA

We should be grateful that Jews rejected Uganda

We in Uganda should at least have something to celebrate about. This is because we came so close to the ordeal that the Palestinians are going through. In 1903, The British Colonial Office set up a commission to look into the possibility that Uganda could be the site of the Jewish State.

However, on August 19, 1903, delegates to the sixth Zionist Congress in Basel, Switzerland, clashed over the proposal. Theodor Herzel, the founder of the Zionist movement, said that he considered Palestine the best place for a Jewish State. He, however, said that he was prepared to consider the option of Uganda as a haven for persecuted Jews.

It soon became clear that most Jews were not in favour of Uganda. Delegates from Russia, especially from Kashinev, who at the time were faced with violent persecution, said that they would not accept going anywhere other than Palestine - the ancient home of the Jews.

Somehow, during the late 1960s and early 1970s, after Israel’s bitter wars with the Arab world, Tel Aviv realised that Uganda had actually been a viable and strategic place from which to fight Egypt.

In fact one member of the Knesset [Israeli Parliament] was later to remark thus: "We could have ignored all the Nile Water treaties by diverting the water for more commercial and development uses in the East and Central Africa regions."

Mike Aziz,
Vancouver, Canada.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

__._,_.___

********** Share a Smile!!!*************
++++++++++++++
Opportunity for NIGERIAN BUSINESSes
Register your Company or Business for almost free......
......Get a global presence!!

http://www.nigeriaplaza.com/default.html
**********Keep Hope Alive!!!*************
****Internet Solution****
http://www.nigeriaplaza.com/default.html
Welcome to Nigeriaplaza. Nigeriaplaza is an affiliate of D-Net Communications, Norway. This site is created for small and medium sized companies in Nigeria. We provide them with web space, help with their Internet presence needs and provide 10 free email accounts when they sign up to our service. http://www.nigeriaplaza.com/default.html
signed
PJ Adamz
Moderator
Abuja Nigeria.

Nigeria flag

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way.