MK,

Give the devil his due. The man is making sense, although he is saying inelegantly what Kwame Nkrumah and his generation of African statesmen put forth so eloquently.

Matek Opoko wrote:

/The man is obsessed with this notion of the "ARMY " thing. He excels best in field of killing...deroying heavily. Attack, shoot e.t.c .. the fact is that most African countries cannot even feed their own citizens,.. meanwhile the son of Kaguta is calling upon African nations to build armies to fight God knows WHO?/ // /Mk/

Africa: Museveni Urges Africa to Assert Military Supremacy

        The New Times <http://www.newtimes.co.rw/>

_Email_ <http://allafrica.com/sendpage.html?ref=http://allafrica.com/stories/200610170295.html> This Page

_Print_ <http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/200610170295.html> This Page

The New Times <http://allafrica.com/publishers.html?passed_name=The%20New%20Times&passed_location=Kigali> (Kigali)
October 17, 2006
Posted to the web October 17, 2006
Charles Kazooba
Kampala
Decades of Africa's military inferiority should end, President Yoweri Museveni has urged. The Ugandan leader has asked the 53 African states to integrate and engineer military supremacy to encounter threats by world super powers. "Inability to build credible military forces that can guarantee the future of the African race. I have been reading American documents. They are now talking about four-dimensional superiority. "They want to be superior on land, in air, at sea and also be superior in space. When we were guerillas, we would hide in the bush but now when somebody is in space even when you are in the bush, he is looking at you. So how do we survive?" Museveni, who captured power in 1986 after leading a five-year guerilla war, said He added: "Can Uganda conduct space research? Can Kenya conduct space research? We are just here sitting. Aren't the Europeans going to the moon again? Why are they going there? You are thinking they are going for a holiday?
Relevant Links

*Central Africa* <http://allafrica.com/centralafrica/>
*East Africa* <http://allafrica.com/eastafrica/>
*Uganda* <http://allafrica.com/uganda/>
*Arms and Military Affairs* <http://allafrica.com/armsandarmies/>
*Rwanda* <http://allafrica.com/rwanda/>

"They are going to get resources as a basis for them to come and control us here. Why don't Africans ask themselves why these people going to the moon. Why are they going there without telling us what they are doing there? This is a common property. It is very dangerous. Yes! Let them go and we also go. If we all go we shall get peace in the world. But if only one group goes to the moon and the others stay here, there shall be trouble. But Uganda cannot go to the moon alone. We do not have the potential to do it." Museveni was launching consultations on the East African Federation last week. The consultations were simultaneously launched in the three partner States of Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania. The EAC Secretary General, Jumah Mwapachu, attended the Kampala event. The federation, according to the secretariat's time table is expected to start in 2011 with a one rotational leadership among the bloc partners and thereafter elections of a regional president would be effected after three years. "We occupy one of the biggest land masses (11million square miles) with considerable natural resources. Why can we not turn part of this landmass into a powerful and secure base for the black race? That powerful base will ensure the future of the blackman. Besides, the blackman be able to go to the moon. They (whites) are looking for more natural resources as well as new bases for military supremacy. The black race is just sitting in these micro-political units created by colonialism completely oblivious of what is going on in this world," the president said.