Mbabazi the lying bastard is caught in his own lies...entangle your self with
it!!

  MK

  Uganda: It Was Incumbent On Us to Deploy in Somalia-Mbabazi
 (Page 2 of 2)   " Well, broadly you could say terrorism, local and globalised.
You could say fundamentalism too, however after an argument I once had with
President Jimmy Carter, I am hesitant to use this term. There is nothing wrong
with fundamentalism, what is wrong is for someone to use fundamental beliefs to
achieve political objectives, to kill and impose their views on others" he says.
  He clearly sees internal security challenges that wander beyond common crime
as potential acts of terrorism. So we ask about Uganda's rumored involvement in
Somalia where fundamentalist Islamist forces are battling a transitional
government for control of the country. He admits that Ugandan troops are in
Somalia but only in execution of tasks assigned to Kampala by the
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
  " We are doing a job for IGAD- we face the same challenges. When IGAD took a
decision to act we were given the job of protecting the Transitional Government
and ensuring the training of their security forces. Commonsense commanded that
we cooperate," he says. He is the first senior government official to admit the
presence of advance Ugandan troops in Somalia. What about the Democratic
Republic of Congo long a source of security headaches for the NRM?
  " The threat from Congo is real. There are remnants of Allied Democratic
Forces, National Army for the Liberation of Uganda, Peoples Redemption Army and
now the Lords Resistance Army. We have now built a better internal capacity,
our diplomacy too has been quite effective," he says.
  Congo, which held its first democratic elections in decades, has pitted two
Ugandan allies, President Joseph Kabila and his rival Jean Pierre Bemba against
each other. Kampala is looking for a friendly power in Kinshasa to engage in
its carrot and stick approach to ending the northern Uganda conflict.
  On one hand, the government is talking peace in Juba but has kept open the
option of a military campaign against the LRA possibly inside Congo where
presence of the rebels has been reported.
                        Relevant Links            East Africa
Somalia
Arms and Military Affairs
Civil War and Communal Conflict
Uganda
  " We remain effectively engaged with regional governments but most
importantly with the Congolese government. Uganda will be happy to deal with
the choice of the Congolese people".
  He looks at his watch and the phone, which has been ringing constantly. We
realize our time is running out, so we ask one last question; What is the
relationship between his security job and his post as chief of operations of
the National Resistance Movement by virtue of being Secretary General of the
party?
  " That's a story for another day" he replies.