No Lakwena was Museveni's making... he is yet to make even more lakwena..the
LRA, PRA, NALU fighters etc...!!!  the point is some of this Bugandas are are
simply oppornist who want to "eat" today they are dressed up in Banana leave
singing Museveni's gospel...tomorrow they turn around singing another gospel
according to "kony"

  MK

Jean Paul Mivumba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  And Lakwena was Buganda/Baganda's making?

  On 8/23/07, Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Some of this Buganda
simply talk....and they are good at that .... recall, if you will ,  when
"lakwena" forces were in the outskates of Jinja .....some Buganda "Kanzu
fighters" were already claiming that Mbhu " for us we have already captured
Ntinda". the forces that supposingly  captured" Ntinda" near Kampala ... simply
fizzled out in obscurity!!!
   never to be heard from again!!!

  Matek

okurut simon peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
    Colleagues,

  I would like to know, at what stage does the people's power come. Recently
there was a cry that M7 was threatening the Kalungu residents by wearing
military uniform. Can such people who are easily intimidated by mere military
fatigue become strong to oppose a leader? Then there is the problem of
accepting bribes for votes during an election, how can such people be relied
upon?

  I believe people can easily overcome intimidation iff they realise that with
their votes, they can move mountains. If the opposition campaigns and indeed
convinces the electorate as it happened in certain regions in the previous
elections, then people's power will have worked but as long as people accept
intimidation, there is no way a change can come, and there is no need to change
a leader but a system.

  There are people who believed that NRM was going to bring a fundamental
change in Uganda. There were people who were pessimistic and now I do not know
who was right. There is a section of Ugandans who believe that the best way is
to negotiate with the NRM leadership to chart a new way forward and I think
this is the best approach. We have seen the result of forceful change and
though a change is realized, a lot of damage is done to human life and
infrastruture. If our leaders are interested in preserving the achievements
that have been attained, it is only logical that discussions to chart the new
way are done now before some disappointed guys wreck havoc, we have seen
similar scenarios happen in Uganda and elsewhere. Surely we have a chance to
avoid anything destructive.

  Simon.

Robert Ssenkindu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  OJ,
But still none of those despots were purged from their offices without the help
of the locals/masses.  For instance to remove Amin by TPDF was done under the
auspice of exiled Ugandans,also supported by Ugandans at home. You canĀ“t simply
just purge a despot from office without help of the masses.  So I believe
Wafula was on the right track. It really requires moxie of the masses++++++++
SR, Sverige.