UNAA-To Mothers

  I did not know 'til a wife and mother of two said to me "You know some
mothers walked out their children. We were all wondering but towards the end of
your speech most of us got it." The joy on my face was palpable.

  I consult with the world's best most experienced well informed and very
educated individuals; these are the PhDs, including America's bestest
feminists, who are also mothers and fathers. They made me realize that contrary
to the real world, my mind operates 101% on pure intuition but with a
measurable accuracy. This is exactly how I write on the internet everyday. I
know that standing in front of the audience for 10 minutes during the
presidential debate @ UNAA-SF is the real world. As such, my intuitive thinking
takes a backseat and I rely on external reasoning.

  I consulted a few American feminists and asked their advice in regards to the
African culturally oriented audience at the convention. I presented my 10
minute speech over the phone. "What is your goal?" was the question that
followed. I responded and I was reassured "If that is your goal, then it is
perfect the way it is." Then I called the the heart of Northern Uganda, Acholi,
and presented to her over the phone. "Excellent!" After the stamp of approval
from the motherland, not even Mary the Mother of jesus could have convinced me
to remove or add a comma. Unfortunately, I was feeling so much power up there
that I forgot the most important paragraph on Northern Uganda.

  Many said my speech should have been edited. To the final hour my borther was
still trying. So I finally settled for his advice that I warn the audience of
what is coming. I shared with a friend a week in advance, my answers to
questions from the audience. Whatever the question, it was my plan to start
every answer with "We need to focus on a woman breasts." My interest was not
the voter’s interests. My interest was the audience' mind  and Northern Uganda.

  About 30 minutes after the debate, a woman probably in her early 20s,
whispered to me as if she had a secret only I should hear: "Anyo, we understood
what you were saying. The questions you asked might make some men stop beating
their wives." I thanked her and continued walking but changed my destination to
my hotel room. I needed to reflect.

  Sunday evening another young woman met me on the 19th floor waiting for the
elevator. Without a word of hello she unleashed: "Anyo, you are not doing
anything positive....all you are doing is shocking people...people like their
culture and you should respect that...nobody is interested in listening to your
nonsense...." She went on and on. Finally the elevator came, but I nearly
collapse when she pressed 1. I could have pressed 8 but I had to be down very
urgently and the elevators were taking very long. Despite all the people in the
elevator she continued. I couldn't grasp everything she was saying because I
had taken highly carbonated coca-cola from Uganda. About an hour later, I met
her again on the 9th floor. I wanted to turn back quickly but our eyes met. My
last hope was the man she was talking to. She continued telling him how much
she argues with but loves her sister very much. I heard 'ding'. I looked again
for the 5th time. This time is was indeed the first
 floor. I took a deep breath and exited! I heard her parting with the man so
this time I relied on long fast steps. Lady if you are reading this, I would
love to establish contact with you. So please do write: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Mothers, accept my apology if you felt violated. My priorities were/are very
different from my opponents. I wanted to be different. I wanted to be myself:
The real Anyo who is not scripted by culture and tradition and religion. I
wanted to leave a permanent footprint on UNAA as the most memorable candidate
of 2007. I wanted the audience to think about the questions I presented after
the convention was over. I hope that in future your children will remember that
my first campaign stop was UNAA-SF-2007. I eagerly look forward to their votes.

  Anyo-Madam President

Why do men beat the women they penetrate?