"This forum has become to many the one place they go for education on the
different divergent ideas that might help our country or those that indeed we
should guard against."

  "What we do here is of so great importance that we should be willing to put
up with the lack of proper manners of some of our people that may not have had
opportuinity to develope decent social skills, or who may for some other
reasons be intrested in being uneccessarily abrasive and abusive."

  I am going to choose to ignore these above, for Desmond seems not well
informed.

  What of MPs who exchanged blows in parliaments all over the world? Due to
lack of proper manners? Or because they were not guarded against?

  Its these kinds of insults that provoke. So let us be careful.

  Ocii

Desmond Nzaana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Friends

  I have stumbled on this disturbing news of OJ deciding to quit the forum on
account of of unseemly language.
  I agree with Simon that often language on this forum has not been what one
would expect in acivilized debate.
  I would like to add my voice on those who have appealed to OJ to reconsider
by making the folowing observation.

  The Unique thing about this forum is its diversity of views, the beauty in
our disccussion has been in having able and articulate advocates of opposing
views.

  OJ has been the chief advocte of rational economic Federalsim.  He has been
so good at it tempering the more extreme versions that you are likely to hear
from Ekkissodde and group who appear more as advocates of monarchsim, that even
those most opposed to the idea like myself have been forced to recognise the
validity of some of his arguements. Simillarly OJ has been the most balanced
supporter of UPC willing to accept some faults that the party has commited, in
sharp contrast to what you might read from Mzee Mulindwa and others.

  He is been the leading crusader for reconciliation, and has defended it
against able opponents like my brother Nsubuga.

  This forum has become to many the one place they go for education on the
different divergent ideas that might help our country or those that indeed we
should guard against. There are many silent observers to what takes place here
and the impact of this debate might in time prove more important than we can
envisage at the present moment, there are participants here that currently have
or most certainly others who will in future have opportuinity to influence the
course of events in our country.

  What we do here is of so great importance that we should be willing to put up
with the lack of proper manners of some of our people that may not have had
opportuinity to develope decent social skills, or who may for some other
reasons be intrested in being uneccessarily abrasive and abusive.

  I would like to appeal to Ladit OJ to put all this into cosideration and
return so we can continue to make our humble contribution to the betterment of
our country together.

  I would like to continue opposing his views on Fedralism, on a possible
seccestion of Northern Uganda and to continue to my attempts at showing him the
better side of FDC and the glorious potential  we have in an East African
Federation.

  Mr Oryema your balanced reasonable and humourous aproach to these still
devisive issues is not possed by many on this Forum, yours is a unique voice
that will reduce the potency of this debate if silenced. And there are great
things at stake here.

  Just come back.

  okurut simon peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Amina and other colleagues,

  Indeed it will be a loss if some members withdraw from the forum; however, I
fully understand why some people decide to take such an option. In the first
case it is a voluntary contribution each one of us makes.Secondly we just give
our views concerning the topic of discussion, in which case any member is free
to critic the ideas given, and I believe the forum members have some manners
for public debates. So when some people specialize in abusing others instead of
criticising, I do not blame a volunteer who decides to opt out.

  To my other brothers and sisters who are bent at frustrating others by being
abusive, please do refrain from such acts, for one day you will share one venue
with the same person whom you have been abusing, I am sure one can be
uncomfortable when you come face to face with such a person.

   Since we have different backgrounds, it is not possible for a member to know
everything, so we are free to disagree and give your views, which incidentally
will also be criticised. Let us criticise views given and offer suggestions but
not to abuse someone who has tried to share his/her mind.

  OJ, please do come back, let us give one more trial.

  Simon.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Kibuka
OJ will come back.He will miss this forum by all means.I'm addicted to
this forum now.Every time i put on my computer,i go to check emails
from the forum.I'm like a smoker now.So i cant see myself without this
forum the rest of my life.I like hearing from Ugandans all over the
world every day.We shall miss OJ if he does nt come back soon.

Amina