Kleptocracy in Uganda has deep roots!

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Ssemakula <james_ssemak...@yahoo.com>
To: "unaa...@yahoogroups.com" <unaa...@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "uc...@yahoogroups.com" <uc...@yahoogroups.com>; Buganda Discussion
<buganda...@listserv.tamu.edu>; "gandat...@gandatalk.talklist.com"
<gandat...@gandatalk.talklist.com>; Baana
<baanababugandasouthafr...@yahoogroups.com>; UDII
<i...@ugandansinthediaspora.org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [UNAANET] Uganda: Secret ID Deal Leaks -- LOOTING Uganda, Again!

Ms. Semwogerere:

Uganda is being economically raped  via over-pricing by those who are in power,
for over 25 years. This caught my eye:

"However, sources familiar with the project have told us that the Shs 181
billion (64 million Euro) cost is "highly inflated" when compared to what
neighbouring countries, some with bigger populations, are spending on similar
projects.
For example, Kenya, with a population of 40 million, will before the end of
this year launch a new and more sophisticated National ID card at a cost of
KShs 2 billion (about Shs 53 billion), according to a report in the Sunday
Nation of March 16, 2008.
Tanzania, which has a population of 43 million, and is in the process of
implementing a similar project, has budgeted for $20 million (about Shs 41
billion). The first botched project by Face Technologies was supposed to have
cost Shs 93.4 billion, according to someone knowledgeable about the matter.
The source, who preferred anonymity, however, admitted that due to changed
circumstances, the figure could have gone up.
According to our sources, the project could have been executed at a cost of not
more than Shs 80 billion had some items not been over-priced.
He pointed at the Shs 97 million for some of the equipment manuals to be
translated from German to English and the Shs 6.3 billion on local onsite field
support staff for 45 days--an average of Shs 147 million per day, as examples."
 I wonder what the response of Movement apologists will be this time round.

Whatever they say, it is time we Ugandans faught off these leeches, because
they are bankrupting us!

James Ssemakula