*Re: Broke government chooses fighter jets/war  over teachers*

*Dear Brother Karoli,

 Again thank you for this analysis about our motherland, Uganda.

Let us look at the regime's buying of instruments of war, ie: The Russian
jet fighters at the core of a yet unexplained new military doctrine.

Let us note that even the Head of Uganda's Central Bank, strange as it may
be, expressed surprise. Can you imagine? Indeed it is sad our people have
not been following events.

Obama has armed Museveni with drones, to fight and take over the oilfields
at Abie in South Sudan. **
The jet fighters in Uganda are for the same mission.**

Forget Obama's nonsense to Congress that he is sending Marines to Central
Africa to hunt down the children armies of Joseph Kony. And a  Kony who like
the rats we see in Libya today, has been a tool of British destabilisation
of our country for the last twenty years. Why? Because they want to
depopulate the Northern region sitting on top of our oilfields.

Who ever knew that Obama can release a man from Guantanamo Bay and proceed
to make him military commander for the Tripoli brigade.  Am I expected to
believe 9/11 after this?
 Folks at home have been crying out about massive sums of unclear State
expenditures, i.e. that m7 has stolen $700 million using renovation of State
House as a cover; and many other heists.

Museveni has not stolen the money.

Billions have been spent in preparation of this war, that is.  And there is
total silence about all of this from the American and British ambassadors in
Uganda. It is their agenda.

If Museveni had stolen money they would be shrieking like hyenas.

As we have seen before, all oilfields in Africa are being grabbed by
mercenary Companies, in Uganda, in Ghana, in South Sudan.   And now in
Libya.

How can the spoiled illiterate brats from English private schools steal our
continent?
They retire from the British and SA apartheid armies and take over Africa?
Mugabe arrested a Mr Mann thus saving the oilfields in Equatorial Guinea.

But guess what. It is Mann and the same illiterate boys in Sandline
International, Executive Outcomes and the mercenary owned Tullow Oil Co that
are emerging as the real monsters behind the Holocaust now going on in
Libya.

Sudan also was supposed to be under invasion now. ( Didnt you hear Museveni
say that his only problem with Bashir is that he is ruling Sudan like an
Arab, whatever that may mean ).
South Sudanese fighter pilots have already been trained in Virginia USA.
These are the pilots to fly m7s jet fighters. Not Ugandans.

The only stinker in their plans is that President  Bashir of Sudan has said
that he does not want to fight and that the South can secede in peace.
 All the billions that Blackwater stood to gain in this war now is at stake.

Brother Kalori you know all this.
What shocked me is that the characters and their Anglo mercenary companies
that have brought holocousts to Congo, Uganda and Central Africa are now
taking the holocoust over to Libya. The same fellows, name by name!!

Yet if you think the worst among us is Museveni look at so called opposition
leader Dr Besigye, a fool who Xeroxed the British Conservative Party
Manifesto and presented it Ugandans - small govt blah blah - and  now that
Libya is being bombarded with duplated uranium cluster bombs etc... Besigye
ratchets up his walk to work demonstrations in Kampala, an exercise that is
being coordinated with the American embassy in Kampala, partly to divert the
attention of Ugandans from a monumental crime where all the people of Sitre
are being wiped out and exetermination.

Who ever knew that former Secretary of State Maldene Albright was so
interested in our DP party to engineer rabid running-dog Norbert Mao to its
helm. He is a  buffoon that has been tasked to sow division among Ugandans
with his anti Baganda nonsense. Our ethnic diversity is something to
celebrate. Obama too claims that his CIA dad was done in by the tribalism of
Africans, Of course he cant tell the world that his masters knoked off his
dad and Tom Mboya to allow sellout Jomo Kenyatta to serve imperialism un
interupted.  We should never allow these Rothschild's running dogs to use
our ethnicity to manipulate us.

Thank you for your time.

Mitayo Potosi
======================*
Re: Broke government chooses fighter jets over teachers

  Posted  Thursday, October 20  2011 at  00:00

Uganda’s defence establishment has been engaged in an interesting side-show
to the current woes facing the political branches of government. Things have
not been going very well in government since the last election. Rising
inflation; of the type that seems to be defying limited tools of monetary
policy employed by the Central Bank partly sparked by pre-election spending
has disrupted Uganda’s macroeconomic stability.

An assertive legislature has begun using the “I” word- impeachment in
respect of the President. Mr Felix Okot Ogong, the Dokolo MP and former
children affairs minister, said as much if the President failed to act on
the “sense of Parliamentary resolutions” asking Prime Minister Patrick Amama
Mbabazi to step aside to allow Parliament to complete investigations into
Uganda’s oil contracts.

If that were not enough, two cross party MPs, West Budama North Independent
MP Fox Odoi, a former legal secretary to the President and Rubaga South MP
John Ken Lukyamuzi are putting in place draft parliamentary rules to impeach
a sitting Vice President or Prime Minister just in case the current rules on
the books are ruled insufficient by the Speaker.

Chogm has had some high profile casualties at the centre of the operations
of government. Prof. Bukenya has now been joined in the dock by Sam Kahamba
Kutesa, John Mwono Nasasira and Mwesigwa Rukutana, who stepped aside
awaiting trial in the Anti-Corruption Court. The fate of their pre-trial
liberty now lies in a case filed by Democratic Party activist Annet Namwanga
in a criminal matter, who has challenged the automatic cancellation of bail
upon committal to the High Court under current laws.

Ms Namwanga’s central assertion is that such automatic cancellation of bail
is unconstitutional and repressive of the accused person’s right to bail.
Prof. Bukenya’s release supports the view that grounds for bail are enough
and cannot be over-ridden by committal unless the applicant is a flight
risk.

In all these machinations - the army has kept a studied silence. It’s been a
while since we last heard from an army General. David Tinyefuza was silenced
by Ms Jennifer Ssemakula Musisi and evicted from the Mayor’s official
residence on Mabua Road. During the short break between the teachers’ strike
and the oil debate; the army was celebrating promotion of scores among its
ranks, including Uganda’s first flag officer, Brig. Proscovia Nalweyiso
under whose nose Shs1.8 billion disappeared from safes at State House
Nakasero.
 Share This Story

11Share<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monitor.co.ug%2FOpEd%2FOpEdColumnists%2FKaroliSsemogerere%2F-%2F878682%2F1258240%2F-%2F4ajt9oz%2F-%2Findex.html&t=Broke%20government%20chooses%20fighter%20jets%20over%20teachers%C2%A0-%20Karoli%20Ssemogerere%C2%A0%7Cmonitor.co.ug&src=sp>

  As the inter-branch debates continue; the most politically inclined have
argued its succession or bread and butter politics at play; a more generous
view is that the environment clouding the conclusion of the oil transactions
is an outrage on its own given the inequitable share retained by the
government of Uganda; the Army continues to salute and stay quiet.

Whereas before the election Gen. Aronda Nyakairima, the CDF, asserted in
veiled language that UPDF would not salute Mr Museveni’s perennial opponent
Kizza Besigye, this time the UPDF is silent and has in the meantime quietly
taken delivery of more fighter jets. The Russian jet fighters seem to be the
core of a yet unexplained new military doctrine.

Of all of Uganda’s enemies domestic and foreign [known and unknown], which
one is more likely to wage an ‘aerial’ war against Uganda? As fate would
have it, one of our brand new rides sucked a bird into its engine at Entebbe
recently. Anyone who uses the airport today knows that our sole aerodrome is
at the end of its productive life. The size of new airline jets that now
literally peep from the main building are making our airport obsolete. Space
and facilities; runways included already limit the capacity of the airport
to handle multiple takeoffs and landings.

Our airbase on a peninsula may have made sense if we were defending a marine
enemy; but the enemies of today are more likely to deploy using nothing more
than trip wires in their briefcases or undergarments.

If the issue were Bunyoro, then mechanised regiments would be more
appropriate; defending territory is very different from defending airspace.
The state of Nakasongola is partly a mystery even though we know it has an
airbase as well but is unlikely to have the hangar and maintenance
facilities like in Entebbe.

The teachers who returned to work have a lot to think about. The government
is simply not interested in their plight. Domestic pay for teachers and
medical professionals is the lowest in the region.

One wonders why the criminal justice system should be bothering itself with
unfeeling medical professionals charging them with criminal negligence or
teachers taking it out on their pupils if their employer has adopted such a
‘defensive’ posture towards their most basic needs of food, clothing and
shelter.

*Mr Ssemogerere is an attorney, and social entrepreneur, practices law in
New York. * kssem...@gmail.com