*Re: Malawi president chides officials for Madonna attack*

These corrupt elite in Malawi stole Madonna’s millions. They wanted to use
her to build a girl’s school for the children of the elite. Instead she
built ten schools for the children of the poor wananchi. Now they trash her.

The Malawi President, like the one in Liberia are hungry British puppets.

Leave Madonna alone.

[image: Description: Malawi president Joyce Banda. Photo/AFP]

Malawi president Joyce Banda. Photo/AFP

By AFP
Posted  Friday, April 12  2013 at  17:16

Malawian President Joyce Banda has "reprimanded" aides who issued a
scathing attack on Madonna that fuelled a very public spat with the pop
star, a source at the presidency said Friday.

She "reprimanded officers in the State House press department for issuing
the statement without consulting her," an official in Banda's office told
AFP on condition of anonymity.

Banda's State House on Wednesday issued a four-page statement suggesting
Madonna demanded VIP treatment, engaged in emotional blackmail, exaggerated
her charity work and was a worse guest than Chuck Norris or Bono.

It was, the statement said, "strange and depressing" that the singer seemed
to want "Malawi to be forever chained to the obligation of gratitude" for
having adopted two Malawian children.

Madonna reacted angrily to the statement, accusing the government of
peddling lies about her charity work.

"I am saddened that President (Joyce) Banda has chosen to release lies
about what we've accomplished, my intentions, how I personally conducted
myself while visiting Malawi and other untruths," Madonna said in a
statement.

Press officer Tusekele Mwanyongo, who signed off on the government
statement, refused to comment on the furore it has caused.

"I am out of it," he said.

During the trip, Madonna visited schools her charity has built, flanked by
her four children, including David Banda and Mercy James who she adopted
from the country.

The statement also took a swipe at her for claiming to have built 10
schools when he had built classrooms.

Madonna's charity has poured millions of dollars into the support of
orphans in Malawi, which is ranked by the UN Human Development Index as one
of the world's 20 least developed countries.