Sejusa will shut up - Museveni

SHARE BOOKMARK
<http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Sejusa-will-shut-up---Museveni/-/688334/2577722/-/view/printVersion/-/o40ih6z/-/index.html>
 PRINTRATING

By Stephen Kafeero

Posted  Sunday, January 4   2015 at  02:00

IN SUMMARY

Museveni tells Ugandans to be patient and wait to see what will happen to Gen
David Sejusa

SHARE THIS STORY

 0
inShare

Kampala.
President Museveni has said Gen David Sejusa will shut up on his public
outbursts against the State.
President Museveni made the remarks while appearing on Capital FM’s Gang talk
show yesterday.

“Those public statements are illegal, they will be stopped and we should not
waste time on them,” Mr Museveni thundered after a caller had asked him why the
government had not arrested Sejusa for uttering angry public statements about
the State.
Museveni asked Ugandans to be patient and wait to see what will happen to
Sejusa.

The show was hosted by Oscar Semweya-Musoke.
Gen Sejusa aka Tinyefuza returned on December 14 from exile in London where he
had been living since he fled the country in April last year after writing to
the Internal Security Organisation to investigate a claim that there was a plot
to kill senior government officials opposed to President Museveni’ alleged
scheme to have his son Brig Muhoozi Kainerugaba succeed him.

Since his return, Sejusa has publicly castigated President Museveni’s
government which he described as a dictatorship. “No one should imagine that
Museveni will be removed through elections,” Sejusa said at one time.

He has also called on all groups opposed to the NRM to combine and push for
change of regime.

On Thursday, Sejusa rejected Museveni’s invitation for talks and convened a
press conference to declare his snub to the president’s move. He said the
government had sent operatives to eliminate him in exile and he would not
reconcile with, nor apologise to the President. He also demanded that he be
retired from the army and will not talk to the President until his retirement
from the military service.

On Friday morning, the army responded by surrounding his house in Naguru,
Kampala, which was still under tight military siege by yesterday afternoon.

On Mbabazi
On the question of former Prime Minister Amama Mbabazi who has sued the NRM in
court for amending the party constitution in alleged violation of the law, Mr
Museveni said any legal issues arising from the issue would be handled by the
lawyers.

“I’m not a lawyer, that is the issue of lawyers. I am a freedom fighter and my
interest is management and having full time workers at the secretariat. The
lawyers will sort that out.”

Speaking about his recent appointments to various top NRM posts, President
Museveni said the affected officials will ultimately resign and take over their
new party jobs.

“With Rt Hon Mbabazi it was an understanding, but for these, it is enshrined in
the constitution of the party. They will ultimately resign from Parliament,” he
said.

Museveni on December 22, 2014 appointed Bugiri Woman MP Justine Kasule Lumumba
(Government Chief Whip) as the new secretary general to replace former premier
Amama Mbabazi and made other changes in the various positions such as the
deputy secretary general and deputy treasurer.

President Museveni evaded the question of whether he will stand in 2016.

“My advice to you young people; and this is serious. If you get an assignment
please do it and well. Instead of people doing their assignments, they are
scheming. I cannot be that undisciplined.”

Kyadondo East MP Ibrahim Ssemujju Nganda challenged the President to stop
connecting everything in the country to himself. “When NRM captured power the
project was Uganda but it has since turned into a Museveni project. You cannot
deliver services in such an arrangement.

It is only Museveni who can stop a discussion about him. The day President
Museveni will do this country a favour and stop promoting himself, I will lead
the choir to go and thank him,” he said.