From: ugandans-at-he...@googlegroups.com
[mailto:ugandans-at-he...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Herrn Edward Mulindwa
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2016 3:12 AM
To: ugandans-at-he...@googlegroups.com; uganda...@yahoogroups.com; 'G NET'
<ugandanet@kym.net>
Subject: {UAH} LET US TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER THE PEOPLE OF FORT McMURRAY

Friends

I need to take a moment and raise the agony of the population in the city of
Fort McMurray, a city in Alberta. This city has a population of about 90,000
people, and they got a fire last Sunday that has simply refused to be contained
to today. There are many Ugandans in Fort McMurray and we are un able to reach
them to today for every one as by today has been evacuated from the city from
this strange fire.  And I call it strange for every known man power out there
has been thrown at it, yet the fire is still growing to today. The last numbers
I read were as follows, to today they are using 11,000 fire fighters, all
jurisdictions in Canada are sending in more fire fighters, Toronto sent in 100
just yesterday. Many jurisdictions in United States have sent in equipment and
man power to stop this monster but the fire is just growing. To put this into
perspective, if this fire was in London, it would have taken over London,
including Cheshunt, Romford, Dartford, Croydon, Hayes and Watford

There are 100 helicopters, and over two dozen airplane tankers equipped to drop
water and fire retardant chemicals on the flames, but the fire is still
growing. This fire has jumped two rivers if you can imagine. As of yesterday
Friday, Alberta officials have stopped to issue updates of the damage for they
simply have no time for it. As far as we know everyone in the city of 90,000
has been evacuated. The company I work for, has a site in the city and we
cannot reach any one to today, and this is because when the fire started
evacuation was instituted, and people were taken where it was thought to be
safe, fire grew so rapidly that evacuees had to be re-evacuated, and many are
still stranded on roads due to loss of fuel. We have stories of people that
have been stranded on roads for 36 hours. Today Police and army have started to
hold mobile gas stations, so that people can continue driving to next cities.
There is an estimate that insurance is going to need In excess of 9 billion
dollars. Those that have evacuated must start to understand that going back to
this city is going to take months probably years. Help from Ottawa, air assets,
7,000 cots for evacuees in emergency shelters and another 13,000 on the way;
and a federal government commitment to match individual donations. Help from
Alberta: debit cards to assist evacuees with food and shelter; adults will
receive $1,250 each and dependents will get $500. Total cost to the province:
$100-million. As of Friday, $30-million had been pledged to the Red Cross.

If this fire needed attention it has got it by now, for it has raged on since
last Sunday and to today it is doing what it decides to do. Every simple space
in the area that is empty it has jumped it for it creates explosions and where
they land they start afresh. Gas stations have blown up, propane tanks it has
found on gas stations have energized it, and it has saved absolutely nothing in
its path. Buildings get heated up and when they explode they re-energize it,
and thus become safety matches to on going forward.  I have read a report that
they are thinking of simply letting it go its way, for there is a point you
realize that those that are fighting it are starting to be in danger. All
hospitals have been evacuated and we have heard stories of pregnant women
giving birth on the roads. This fire has been controlling  the situation since
last Sunday, it is soon going to be a week old, can you simply imagine the
damage it has done !!!!!!

Let us remember the people of Fort McMurray in our thoughts.

EM

On the 49th Parallel

                 Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja and Dr. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda is in anarchy"
                    Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja na Dk. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda ni katika
machafuko"

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any
legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must