<http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/20/the-five-most-outrageous-hillary-clinto
n-lies-from-the-last-debate/> The 5 Most Outrageous Hillary Clinton Lies
>From The Last Debate

Since Trump's debate statements will be comprehensively fact-checked by the
entire media, let’s talk about Clinton.

By  <http://thefederalist.com/author/dharsanyi/> David Harsanyi

OCTOBER 20, 2016

The third and, mercifully, final
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANT_ZBhpvtw> presidential debate featuring
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton also turned out to be the most
conventional. Fox News’ Chris Wallace did a solid job pressing the
candidates on issues in Las Vegas; giving them space to spar, but not enough
space to spiral out of control.

Of course, not even a strong moderator will deter candidates from
misleading, lying, and prevaricating all night. And since we know Trump’s
performance will be
<http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/19/the-lefts-hypocritical-moralizing-about
-trump-has-become-unbearable/> comprehensively fact checked by the entire
media, let’s talk about Hillary.

1. Hillary Does Not ‘Respect the Second Amendment’

Was there anything more ridiculous last night than Hillary’s answer on guns?
When pressed by Wallace to explain her opposition to 2008’s landmark
District of Columbia v. Heller decision, Clinton went through a checklist of
platitudes before landing on the following:

You mentioned the Heller decision, and what I was saying that you reference,
Chris, was that I disagreed with the way the court applied the Second
Amendment in that case. Because what the District of Columbia was trying to
do was protect toddlers from guns.

Hillary brought up “toddlers” a few more times, because little children are
mostly adorable and no one wants to see them shot.

The thing is, the Heller case revolves around Richard Heller, a then
66-year-old police officer in Washington DC, who was allowed to carry a gun
in a federal office building to protect politicians and strangers, but not
in his home to protect himself, his family, or his property. Also of note,
the Heller decision had nothing to do with toddlers or saving toddlers’
lives or toddler gun safety or even toddlers shooting at each other. As my
colleague Sean Davis has pointed out, the word “toddler”
<http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/19/no-hillary-clinton-supreme-courts-helle
r-decision-wasnt-toddlers/> doesn’t appear anywhere in either the majority
or dissenting opinions in the case.

After she was done fearmongering, Hillary went on to say this:

But there’s no doubt that I respect the Second Amendment, that I also
believe there’s an individual right to bear arms.

No, she does not. Heller ended Washington’s “total ban on handguns” — which
was SCOTUS’s description of the gun-control laws in DC. It codified the
Second Amendment as an individual right to keep and bear arms for
self-defense. Hillary admits she supports an effective ban on all handguns
(for the toddlers), which is what instigatedHeller. What “application” of
the decision does she oppose if not the individual’s right to own a gun?

 2. Hillary Does Not Support Any Limits on Abortion

Let’s move to the only constitutional “right” Hillary believes shouldn’t
have any constraints: abortion. Last night, Clinton reiterated her support
for legal abortion on demand for any reason through the entire pregnancy.
Although Clinton is free to hold this position, she’s not free to make stuff
up.

For starters, the idea that Clinton, the woman who in 2008 argued that
Barack Obama’s health-care plans were too modest, wants to keep government
out of health-care decisions is worthy of 8,000 Pinocchios. Yet this is how
she couches her support for unlimited abortions:

Because Roe v. Wade very clearly sets out that there can be regulations on
abortion so long as the life and the health of the mother are taken into
account. And when I voted as a senator, I did not think that that was the
case. The kinds of cases that fall at the end of pregnancy are often the
most heartbreaking, painful decisions for families to make.

While one hopes pro-lifers remain sensitive to the heartbreaking, painful
decisions women make, Hillary’s insinuation that most late-term abortions
are to save the life of the mother is not backed up by evidence. Abortionist
Leroy Carhart was taped admitting that he often performs elective late-term
abortions at 26 weeks “or more.” Martin Haskell, the pioneer of
partial-birth abortion, was once taped
<http://www.lifenews.com/2012/08/10/most-late-term-abortions-are-not-done-fo
r-medical-reasons/> acknowledgingthat 80 percent of abortions after 20 weeks
were “purely elective.”

The evidence comports with Haskell’s claim. The pro-life Charlotte-Lozier
Institute, using data from medical literature and late-term abortion
providers,
<https://lozierinstitute.org/the-reality-of-late-term-abortion-procedures/>
found that the majority of these procedures are not performed for “maternal
health complications or lethal fetal anomalies discovered late in
pregnancy.” The pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute
<http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/clinton-off-on-late-term-abortions/> found
that in “many ways, women who had later abortions were similar to those who
obtained first-trimester procedures.” Which is to say convenience.

Though Hillary acknowledges that Roe v. Wade allows limits, she has never
supported
<http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/12/wrong-politifact-hillary-supports-tax-f
unded-abortion-demand/> a single one. Today’s health exemption allows
abortion to end the life of a viable fetus for nearly any reason at all.

3. $200 Billion Is $200 Billion More than Zero

To review: Hillary Clinton said these words in this very order: “I’m not
going to add a penny to the debt.”

Even if Clinton could tax the wealthy at a 90 percent top marginal rate, and
raise rates on corporations, and enacted every other trickle-down tax on
consumers she desires, and there’s still no way she would not add to the
national debt. If she failed to enact her agenda and did absolutely nothing
as president (we should be so lucky), Hillary would still add to the debt.
The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which accepts her economic
plan on its face,
<http://crfb.org/papers/promises-and-price-tags-preliminary-update> found
that under it debt would rise from $14 trillion to more than $23 trillion
over the next decade — with her plans adding $200 billion.

You, like me, might find this estimate implausibly low. But even in the
fantastical world of contemporary progressive economics, $200 billion is a
lot more than a “penny.”

4. Yes, There’s Evidence of Clinton Foundation Corruption

When Wallace asked Hillary about the Clinton Foundation’s play-to-pay
scheme, she pivoted to a rant about the various charitable accomplishments
of her organization — “making environments in schools healthier for kids,”
and so on. Hillary spoke about these altruistic acts as if they precluded
her foundation from engaging in corrupt acts. They do not. Listen, just
because mafia families handed out turkeys to the community on Christmas
doesn’t mean they weren’t involved in protection rackets every other day of
the year.

In the end, Hillary wouldn’t answer the question. This is as close as she
came:

WALLACE: And the specific question went to pay for play. Do you want to talk
about that?

CLINTON: Well, but there is no — but there is no evidence — but there is…

There may be no prosecution, but there’s extensive “evidence” that the
Clinton Foundation was a center of influence-peddling.

How else does a Clinton donor
<http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/clinton-donor-sensitive-intelligence-board/s
tory?id=39710624> find himself on a government intelligence advisory board
even though he has absolutely no relevant experience? Hillary’s never been
asked this question personally, as far as I know. We do know from some of
the emails Hillary attempted to destroy that her charity’s officials
<http://www.dallasnews.com/news/2016-presidential-election/2016/08/23/clinto
n-foundation-donors-recieved-state-department-accessreport-shows> sought and
gained access to State Department personnel while she was in charge. We can
suppose that sheiks from various theocracies didn’t donate hundreds of
millions of dollars to the Clinton Global Initiative because they were
concerned that little girls weren’t having salubrious lunches at their local
elementary school.

Moreover, we also know through an Associated Press investigation that more
than half the private citizens Hillary met or spoke with while secretary of
State also
<http://bigstory.ap.org/article/82df550e1ec646098b434f7d5771f625/many-donors
-clinton-foundation-met-her-state> happened to donate to her foundation.
These people kicked in around $156 million to a foundation that also
procured giant speaking fees for her husband. The whole thing is so innocent
that the Clinton Foundation had to
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/23/us-usa-election-clinton-taxes-exc
lusive-idUSKBN0NE0CA20150423> refile its tax returns for the past five years
after it failed to properly disclose millions in donations from foreign
sources when she was at the State Department.

5. No, We Don’t Always Accept the Outcomes of Elections

As I’ve noted
<http://thefederalist.com/2016/10/19/the-lefts-hypocritical-moralizing-about
-trump-has-become-unbearable/> elsewhere, Donald Trump has decided to engage
in a destructive campaign to preemptively blame his imminent loss on
electoral fraud. Liberal commentators have treated his strategy as if it
were the most horrifying thing ever (until tomorrow’s most horrifying thing
ever).  <https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/788947016214732800> The only
story that mattered after the debate, according to numerous pundits, was
Trump’s obstinate refusal to promise to accept the results of an election
before the election had happened.

Hillary pounced:

We’ve been around for 240 years. We’ve had free and fair elections. We’ve
accepted the outcomes when we may not have liked them.

Well, for starters, it’s highly debatable that all our elections have been
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/13/AR201101130
6399.html> fair and free. White Democrats, for example,
<http://www.vox.com/2016/10/19/13305260/rigged-election-history-racism> were
rigging elections for years. And though it’s not a perfect example, in 2000,
Democrats, knowing full well they had lost Florida, attempted to invalidate
votes and overturn the results until the Supreme Court forced them to stop.
Only then, when completely out of options, did they concede to the
Republican. Actually, many
<http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2004/01/the_myth_of_the_stolen_elec
tio.html> liberal pundits and politicians never stopped questioning the
veracity of the election, even after numerous media organizations counted
all the voters and proved  <http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93642> the
election hadn’t been stolen. Like many of the contentions we heard in Las
Vegas, it was a lie peddled for political purposes.

David Harsanyi is a Senior Editor at The Federalist.
<https://twitter.com/davidharsanyi> Follow him on Twitter.

EM

On the 49th Parallel

                 Thé Mulindwas Communication Group
"With Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja and Dr. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda is in
anarchy"
                    Kuungana Mulindwa Mawasiliano Kikundi
"Pamoja na Yoweri Museveni, Ssabassajja na Dk. Kiiza Besigye, Uganda ni
katika machafuko"