Hi Masahito,

At Mon, 28 Apr 2008 00:05:45 +0900,
Masahito Omote wrote:

> 2008/4/27 YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >  In addition to your simplification, I would like to do some
> >  more. How about this patch?
> (snip)
> >  The bare responsibility and the renaming will make the uim
> >  architecture simple.
>
> I agree all of them but these code are renamed to dynlib.c/scm I think.

I think so too. uim should be purged from the confusable term
'plugin'.

plugin.c should be renamed to dynlib.c (or shlib.c or
another). But plugin.scm should have another name since it
implements the uim-specific module system layer (not dynlib
layer).

I think that module.scm is appropriate for now. Could you rename
it and remove unused legacy procedures in it? Once it have been
finished, let's start further discussion and reorganization of
the module system (including the suggestion of Iwata-san's
patch).

> And how do you think the backward compatibility for old plugin APIs,
> dropping them quickly in 1.6 or waiting for 2.0 development?

In 1.6. Since it does not affect bridge implementations and main
IM processings, we can finish it without large impact.

> # I cannot understand why (require-module "skk") failed
> # in tutcode.scm when running uim-module-manager. :-<

Due to the module-name retrieving trick. grep
currently-loading-module-name in scm/*.scm to understand what
happened. The trick should be replaced with a proper way.

YAMAMOTO Kengo / YamaKen  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FAMILY   Given / Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_name

Google Groups "uim-en" group
uim-en@googlegroups.com