Hello, dear UIM developers.

Recently I have noticed, that UIM ceased working in the Java SWING
application windows (in the SWT application windows it still works
well). Probably, this began after update of the java package (alas, I
has not noticed, when it is started).
I understand, that the problem is likely to be in the Java, not in the
UIM, but I hope that something can be done at the UIM side.

The symptoms are the following:
In the Java application window, SCIM ignores any IM switching keys and
always work in the default english mode. Even when I change input
engine with mouse, it does not works.

I am using Fedora core 10 with Gnome,
uim-1.5.3-1.fc10.i386,
java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-15.b14.fc10.i386

Here is a code for the simple java test application (JDK must be
installed to compile it)
===TestApp.java===
import javax.swing.*;
class TestApp{
    public static void main(String[] args){
        JFrame frm = new JFrame("Test SWING application");
        frm.setSize(500,500);
        frm.getContentPane().add(new JTextArea("Type text here"));
        frm.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
        frm.setVisible(true);
    }
}
Save it as TestApp.java and run as
javac *.java; java TestApp

If it can help you somehow, I can perform some tests for you, though I
do not know anything about IM programming.

Bye and thank you for you great work.
Google Groups "uim-en" group
uim-en@googlegroups.com
http://groups.google.com/group/uim-en/about